UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two days diving on Friday and Saturday.

Shot some more video on Angels Reef as well as on Inchcape 10, not sure when I'll have that edited but watch this space ha ha.

Had a couple of dives on the Blocks, one on Friday which didn't amount to much photographically and another yesterday, but no sign of the Pikachu :(

I did find a pair of spindle cowries hanging on some coral. Might be the same pair I saw mating the week before.

This Caloria militaris was making an attempt to climb the mooring line

Water temps are still 23C, but some hope things are warming up as it was 24C at 6m during the safety stops.

Two awesome dives today off Fujairah, one on the Blocks (three seahorses spotted) and the second on Inchcape 10.

Lots of nudis at the moment, two "Pikachus" spotted at the Blocks as well as several pairs of Hypselodoris pulchella.

However, what caught my eye was this squat lobster in a feather star on top of one of the blocks, which enabled me to get a half decent shot from below.

The main surprise however came at the end of my dive on Inchcape 10, when after over 30 mins of searching I eventually found this Dendrodoris denisoni at 20m with only 70 bar left in my backgas.

A week ago Adel, another photographer had spotted it when I was shooting wide angle video on the Friday, and mentioned it when we were back on the boat. So I knew the approximate area, but it took more than 30 mins of searching to find it, plus it was shallower by 2m from where I recall him taking photos.

Water temperature still at 23C but safety stops are at 24C :)

Yesterday's dives were in pea soup, not the worst vis I've ever had but close to it, 1-2m on the Blocks and Inchcape 10.

Water temp still 23C, so feeling a bit cold on the second dive especially when I can't find anything to photograph.

This cuttlefish was less than a meter from me

Fortunately my favourite macro subject (nudibranchs), were easier to photograph.

A pair of mating Hypselodoris pulchella

Visibility continues to be absolute sh!te, and the water temp is barely 24C now at the safety stop. Air temps were >30C so I warmed up quickly during the SI and on the way back to the marina.

I deliberately didn't clean up this shot from the Blocks

and only found the seahorse as I was following a line with my torch between sets of the blocks.

One interesting find was this Dendrodoris nigra, however I had the dome port on the TG6 so the macro wasn't perfect.

Even on Paradise Reef off Kalba, we only had 3m vis, and I was lucky to spot this cuttlefish.

My prayers for sea snakes were unanswered :(

You're looking for sea snakes?
Yep, I'm still looking for that perfect shot.

Water temps remain a chilly 23 at the bottom
Any increase at shallower depths?

Was this south of the oil terminal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom