UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility still poor on Inch 2 and Martini today, current running N=>S Temp still 23C

Blue whip coral was in full bloom and the gobies were still hanging on in the current.

UAE_0260MCsig_zps7c829826.jpg

22C on Inch 1 on Saturday 30th March, fair bit of current and loads of salp and stingers at the safety stop.

Inch 2 was heaving with nudis, best find though was a Dendrodoris denisoni just as I hit 50 bar.

DDD_0368Csig_zpsb9516752.jpg

Had a great day at Divers Down :)

Too many OW divers on Scuba 2000 boat today including a Junior OW so no diving Inch 2 :(

Water temp 24C, can't complain about being cold in my new 7mm semi dry :)

Mainly a shrimp day but I did find a Hypselodoris carnae at Martini Rock

MAR_0392MCsig_zpscac7241d.jpg

Lots of Thor ambionensis around "Hole in the Wall"

HIW_0482Csig_zps6c101b1e.jpg

Too many OW divers on Scuba 2000 boat today including a Junior OW so no diving Inch 2 :(

Water temp 24C, can't complain about being cold in my new 7mm semi dry :)

Mainly a shrimp day but I did find a Hypselodoris carnae at Martini Rock

MAR_0392MCsig_zpscac7241d.jpg

Lots of Thor ambionensis around "Hole in the Wall"

HIW_0482Csig_zps6c101b1e.jpg

Gordon...you have a better day than I did...just some cyber diving at the office :(

23C yesterday and I had just moved to my 5mm ..... brrr ..... back to a semi dry for next week, the 5mm at least.

Reports of some good visibility recently but not that fantastic yesterday with 5M on Inch 2 and about 3M at Coral Garden. with only two other divers on Scuba 2000's boat I basically had Inch 2 to myself which is still heaving with nudibranchs although I did not see anything I had not photographed before.

Found a sole Hypselodoris infucata amongst the dozens of carnae and dollfusi

Hi Burhan,

I have about 10+ books solely on nudibranchs plus a few other reef critter books that I refer to as well as nudipixel.

If none of them come up trumps with an ID then I send pics to a marine biologist friend whose speciality is Opistobranchs and she usually points me in the right direction, however I am still waiting on ID on three samples I sent to her last year.

Hey Gordon,

Did my Self Reliant cert on Friday - so no camera but saw a few interesting Nudis in the sand at Martini, as well as 3 rocks. Lots of Dermatobranchus, Diaphorodoris and a rather interesting Thuridilla which looked like a coerula.

I went diving yesterday but was shooting wide angle. We had 22m viz on Inchcape 1 yesterday.

904652_10152766287025026_423716309_o.jpg

Always the same Stewart when you don't have a camera :shakehead:

Congrats on your Self Reliant Diver cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom