U.S.Divers Mistral sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saberdyne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, Wondering if someone could help me with a few sizes for the early U.S. Mistral Twin hose reg, all pertaining to the thread eating the cans.
1. Dia. and thread form of the external yoke fitting. pos 7/8 x 18tpi?.
2. Hight of this fitting from the can.
3. Not as important but the Dia. and thickness of the large washer under the nut.

Ta David

Give me a few days to get back to the shop...

What are you eating from cans

I will need to look but I'm pretty sure its the same as some other USD regs of the era. If so, it's a CUSTOM size thread with a 20 tpi pitch. You will have to custom cut it or buy an expensive custom tap if it's what I think it is. Pretty sure I have a body I can check and seems like I have a spare nut or 2.

If you have a body alone, be aware that there are some with metric threads that look just like a USD Mistral but are La Spirotechnique (not likely I spelled that right) Mistral . The nuts/threads for them are different but very close if you are just looking at them.

Re Metric threads,
I work with both Imperial and Metric so have access to both ,some of the odd imperial are hard to find tap and dies for.
Thanks for the odd reg thread info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom