Custom Scuba Tools Yoke Retainer Wrench review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok guys, think I have a couple good models. The last thing I was working out was preventing it from rusting. I have decided to blue them. Works on guns so I would assume it should do for these wrenches, looks pretty good to. I have 2 models, one with a hole that can be used for adding a pull bar or ratchet for additional torque (thanks to those who suggested it) and one without. They are $15 for the no hole version and $20 for the one with the square drive hole. Shipping is $8 for either (or multiple ones if ordered together or if other of my tools are ordered together)
If you are interested in one, you can PM me here or send me an email customscubatools@hotmail.com

IMG_2424cor.jpg
IMG_1418small.jpg
IMG_1419small.jpg

I make a similar wrench out of .250 brass that fits the nut inside the yoke on the HOG regs, I have the 3/8 hole a tad farther out and when you put a torque wrench at 90 degrees to the tool you don't have to do the math to get the correct torque. Having a waterjet and a Bridgeport mill makes it easy to do special tools when I need them.

Attachments

• 20181203_170248.jpg
    20181203_170248.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 152
Ok guys, think I have a couple good models. The last thing I was working out was preventing it from rusting. I have decided to blue them. Works on guns so I would assume it should do for these wrenches, looks pretty good to. I have 2 models, one with a hole that can be used for adding a pull bar or ratchet for additional torque (thanks to those who suggested it) and one without. They are $15 for the no hole version and $20 for the one with the square drive hole. Shipping is $8 for either (or multiple ones if ordered together or if other of my tools are ordered together)
If you are interested in one, you can PM me here or send me an email customscubatools@hotmail.com

View attachment 492263 View attachment 492264 View attachment 492265

Herman, I would suggest Magnesium Phosphate aka Parkerizing over bluing, it holds a thin layer of oil far better. It is almost as easy and in some ways easier to phosphate than blue. Bluing required frequent re-oiling as it produces a smooth finish. Parkerizing produces a 3D surface matrix that is porous.

I use a food-safe oil on my tools and the exterior of my firearms called Ballistol. It is cheap, non-toxic and where it contains cyclic paraffins, it goes with phosphate like peas and carrots and persists well.

I noticed at Lowe's and Harbor Freight some modern wrenches and tools are magnesium phosphated now instead of chrome as the process, unlike chroming, produces no hazardous waste. Not as awesome as hard chrome but superior to black oxide aka blued finishes.

Back
Top Bottom