Two HOURS??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I wouldn't even think of diving with a 200g in your waters. Monterey is juat a bit warmer at 50 degrees on average and with my 400g DUI Thinsulate, it's just enough for a decent deco dive for about 100 minutes.

I'd suggest getting the 400g and doing some dives to get the weighting and trim dialed in. You will need a lot more weight to conpensate for the extra loft the 400g needs. When I went from my fleece to the 400g, I added 6 lbs.

verybaddiver:
how is reaching the valves like with a weezle extreme + ?

Easy peasy. One of its' strong points is the manoueverability. Downside is the tendency of the material to clog up exhaust valves if it gets wet.

While everyone is plugging Weezle, I figured I'd give a shout out to Santi - check out the BZ 400: http://www.santi.com.pl/en/BZ400.php

Made with the 3m thinsulate material and much less "fluffy" than the Weezle. Oh so warm and comfy - like being wrapped in a warm hug by the surface of the sun. Custom sized is same cost as regular size, but it will take about 3-4 weeks to get it made and mailed from Poland to your area. Oh, but man is it worth it.

hydro12:
While everyone is plugging Weezle, I figured I'd give a shout out to Santi - check out the BZ 400: http://www.santi.com.pl/en/BZ400.php

Made with the 3m thinsulate material and much less "fluffy" than the Weezle. Oh so warm and comfy - like being wrapped in a warm hug by the surface of the sun. Custom sized is same cost as regular size, but it will take about 3-4 weeks to get it made and mailed from Poland to your area. Oh, but man is it worth it.

Just be careful with the measurements if you go custom (especially in the translation to polish units). A friend got a custom one and it was um, well kind of baggy (by about 6 inches). He had to have it re-tailored.

However, he seems to like diving it.

Well the santi would be a decent suggestion, if she didn't need it in 8 days.

No issue reaching valves in my weezle. Its "looser" than thinsulates and as a result find it doesn't restrict me in the slightest.

Edit:- The weezle booties are great too. I wear a pair of hiking socks and weezle booties.

limeyx:
Just be careful with the measurements if you go custom (especially in the translation to polish units). A friend got a custom one and it was um, well kind of baggy (by about 6 inches). He had to have it re-tailored.

However, he seems to like diving it.

But if I'm reading this right, their 335 price is in Euros - doesn't that make it close to $450 US? Seems kinda steep. Maybe not for a custom rig, but I'm OTR medium, and the DC Extreme is looking real good for less.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
But if I'm reading this right, their 335 price is in Euros - doesn't that make it close to $450 US? Seems kinda steep. Maybe not for a custom rig, but I'm OTR medium, and the DC Extreme is looking real good for less.

---
Ken
$345.00 for the Extreme+ at Hood Sport n' Dive (LINK).

The three guys I know who dive 'em like 'em, but all three have rips from zipper catches.

Outer material tear due to zipper isnt unknown but thats usually the result of the ham-fisted monkey you ask to close your suit :)

Mo2vation:

---
Ken

Cheaper/similar to list for DUI 400G. Also seems much less bulky.

The 400G is good but not a panacea -- I still felt it a bit in 44F temps in "that damned dark lake"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom