Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveAlerts aside, have you thought of grenades? Simple but effective. Excellent for signalling your buddy.

Don, Hurricane season begins in 2 hrs and 30 minutes. You'll have a new project.

Relax. They were just kidding about the submarines.

really.

Now. Anyone want to talk about the Hughes T-aG-93 Explorer? Project Jennifer anyone? Where's Bob Ballard?

does that work underwater DD??

There's another model that makes a sick duck quacking noise underwater -- I have one and have rarely been successful in getting anyone's attention with it.

DD's little toy is for surface attraction, and is rather powerful. I used mine at Halloween to scare innocent little children, and also in Coz for another reason. In the latter case, I foolishly did not submerge my head before pressing the button. It makes a god-awful shriek. But it does attract a boat's attention. At 200 yards.

There's another model that makes a sick duck uqacking noise underwater -- I have one and have rarely been successful in getting anyone's attention with it......
i use to have a hammerhead that you used underwater but hubby took it off me one queensland holiday as i was too annoying :lotsalove:

....I used mine at Halloween to scare innocent little children, ......
*sniff* thats beautiful man..... :D

does that work underwater DD??
Gawd I hope not. Those are so annoying...!
DiveAlerts aside, have you thought of grenades? Simple but effective. Excellent for signalling your buddy.

Don, Hurricane season begins in 2 hrs and 30 minutes.
And counting on you for "from the eye reports!" bye

There's another model that makes a sick duck quacking noise underwater -- I have one and have rarely been successful in getting anyone's attention with it.
Most people try to ignore those. Irritating
DD's little toy is for surface attraction, and is rather powerful.....In the latter case, I foolishly did not submerge my head before pressing the button. It makes a god-awful shriek. But it does attract a boat's attention. At 200 yards.
I did that ONCE - you don't forget.
i use to have a hammerhead that you used underwater but hubby took it off me one queensland holiday as i was too annoying
They are indeed

If you decide to accept this mission .
Just keep denying any knowledge .
The Secretary will do likewise .
This thread will self destruct in 74 more posts .
Good luck, Jen.

DD - i was checking out that mirror link you put up from scubatoys on the other thread.... havent seen them here, i will have to start looking for a mirror as i dont have one and queensland diving is in my future :D

I really don't want to pick a fight wit our Gallic allies
....The Rainbow Warrior would have been like something out of an Inspector Clouseau movie unless people hadn't been killed which makes it a major and tragic cluster ****. What the hell did the French think they were doing? :shakehead:

The French military history has been a bit . . . colored . . . of late. Of course, if the French had not made a substantial military intervention in America in 1780-81, there likely would not be a United States of America, and us Yanks all would be doing something awful, like having to eat vegemite, or drink milo, or have British chefs in our restaurants.:D

mirror link i will have to start looking for a mirror as i dont have one and queensland diving is in my future :D

The real deal:
EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE (tm) - SIGNALING GROUP

Tells you how and why they work, as well.

Check Army/Navy Surplus stores, sometimes better camping stores. Get the MilSpec Life Raft unit.

It's either that, or you're Shark food. (Unless you use your mask faceplate which will work almost as well)

DD - i was checking out that mirror link you put up from scubatoys on the other thread.... havent seen them here, i will have to start looking for a mirror as i dont have one and queensland diving is in my future :D
In Australia: signal mirror add string to hang from neck.

1556ngx.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom