Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

However, we sure are quick to believe everything we read and jump to huge conclusions, aren't we? We need to keep in mind that the media and forums may not always provide the best information.

No one jumped to huge conclusions, we drew conclusions based on the information that was given. I call'em like I see'em...I believe I also said I hoped my conclusions weren't true. As for the new info, I'm glad that gentlemen was able to shed some light on the situation, but really, we don't know how true that even is. I'm sure that man believes in his friends, but does anyone think for a second that if they did plan to do it, they told him everything?? The only truth we will ever know is that we will never know the truth.

I have to say that if I was approached after something like that and someone wanted to buy my story, I would sell it also. I would not, however, shop my story. But, if money fell into my lap, I'd probably keep it.

Since I'm giving my opinion on everything else, I'll give it on this as well...These people put themselves in the situation they were in, whether intentional or not..they chose to disregard the instructions that were given, left the area, didn't surface immediately as instructed if they left the lagoon. I find it incredibly tasteless that they or anyone would take money for something that was in one way or another their fault. That money should be donated to the agencies that saved them and possibly the other passengers on the trip, as I'm sure their trips were all ruined by this. I'm very happy they were found ok, but I think they should have humbly apologized for their antics and went home, not on a whirlwind talkshow tour.

Jennifer,

What talk shows have they appeared on and so far no exclusive interview has surfaced!

It's a strange situation, imho, as somebody already mentioned, all single safety aspects isolated wouldn't raise en eyebrow, however, all combined look and smell strange. Now with new information from the Dive Oz forum, they may not have taken either a bottle of fresh water nor a shark repellent.

It's also very hard to believe that somebody would go through such an ordeal on purpose, considering all the possible risks that you can't control.

In my opinion, it is possible that in this case, the two divers went outside the dive plan and partially called the occurring problems upon them.

Anyone know when FACTs will be available....? :D

What talk shows have they appeared on and so far no exclusive interview has surfaced!
I think they were rescued on Saturday/Sunday-ish, they appeared on the Today show in NYC (New agent in Tow) by Tuesday

Just an observation. If they could see the boat and divers climbing back on, shouldn't someone on the boat seen them waving their SMB? Did they have the SMB with them when the helicopters came? I didn't see one in the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom