Tusa X-Pert Zoom split Fins any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i am a new diver and getting ready for a class and thinking of buying the Tusa X-Pert Zoom split Fins. wanted to know if anyone has used them and what they thought of them?

I have Force fin, Scubapro Jet fin i love it, Split fins I recommend Apollo Bio fin and scuba twin jet.

I've got the TUSA Split fins.... I've been very happy with them.

BTW... though the "list price" of the TUSA split fins is $189, the MAP is $129 on them. So you'll see them mostly listed at that price online. You can find dealers that have them on sale often for $99/pair.

The Apollo fins that Jason refers to above are well liked also

magickstick31:
i am a new diver and getting ready for a class and thinking of buying the Tusa X-Pert Zoom split Fins. wanted to know if anyone has used them and what they thought of them?

They are good for flutter kick and receive lots of positive feedback among split fins.

However, I sold mine shortly after I learned about frogkicking and some some other alternative kicks because split fins aren't good for them. I now use scubapro jetfins (non-split) and that's what I recommend to my friends along with learning to frogkick.

If you know your size then try to find a used pair for cheap. Also, I think there is a cheaper copy available of the zooms. (IST Talaria Split Fins for about $74-90 - just googled them)

*Floater*:
They are good for flutter kick and receive lots of positive feedback among split fins.

However, I sold mine shortly after I learned about frogkicking and some some other alternative kicks because split fins aren't good for them. I now use scubapro jetfins (non-split) and that's what I recommend to my friends along with learning to frogkick.

If you know your size then try to find a used pair for cheap.

Ditto. Look on ebay. I've bought several sets of jets for less than $15/pr.

I like my Zooms a lot, been using them for almost 4 years now.

I like mine but they took some getting used to. I was ussed to using big paddle fins and they dont have the same feel at all. It does not take a hard kick at all to move them.

I have tried the apollo bio and the tusa x-pert zoom. I really liked the x-pert zoom and never had any problem with them. I ended up liking the bio slightly better but could not find anything negative to say about the zoom. Either choice of the two are good in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom