Tusa X-Pert Zoom split Fins any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used the Zooms and really liked them, especially because they are not as floppy as some splits (if you are used to boards you'll like the stiffer feel).

There are 2 different Xpert Zooms.....the FF-9 Full foot, and the SF-8 open heel.

Both have good reputations.

While they look like they might only be snorkel fins, the FF-9s are fabulous fins for traveling, scuba and snorkeling. Maybe the best ratio of power-to-weight I have seen. I have dived with them in stiff currents, while pushing a video camera and had buddies that couldn't keep up with me. They 'feel' like they aren't giving you much thrust, but they will boogie!

And alternative kicks are by no means impractical in them. A bit different maybe, but not impossible. I can do an effortless helicopter turn using only one fin, wagged off to the side.

And FWIW, I own a half a dozen different fins, from old Jets to both open-heel and full-foot splits. If I am traveling and/or don't need booties, the FF-9 Xpert Zooms are my faves.

magickstick31:
i am a new diver and getting ready for a class and thinking of buying the Tusa X-Pert Zoom split Fins. wanted to know if anyone has used them and what they thought of them?

My wife has had a pair for several years and loves them. They are slightly longer and narrower than the Scuba Pro Twin Jets that I have. She likes that as the fins don't hit together. Her only addition was a pair spring steel straps.

Slow or fast she can manage quite well. We dive a lot in current and can do helicpoter turns with no problems.

tc_rain:
I have tried the apollo bio and the tusa x-pert zoom. I really liked the x-pert zoom and never had any problem with them. I ended up liking the bio slightly better but could not find anything negative to say about the zoom. Either choice of the two are good in my opinion.

This is basically my feeling as well. Here is a post with more info on them:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=159434

Back
Top Bottom