Question Tusa Hyflex Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Khoujo1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone, I have Tusa Hyflex switch fins that have been great. Recently on a drift dive in Mexico, however, there was a strong current that seemed to overpower me. Some divers with other fins (Apeks) seemed to handle it better. Anyone have experience with the Hyflex Pro blades? I’m thinking of swapping them out for the increased power. Any potential downside to making the change?

Hey everyone, I have Tusa Hyflex switch fins that have been great. Recently on a drift dive in Mexico, however, there was a strong current that seemed to overpower me. Some divers with other fins (Apeks) seemed to handle it better. Anyone have experience with the Hyflex Pro blades? I’m thinking of swapping them out for the increased power. Any potential downside to making the change?
I have those fins and then went to the RK3 regular. The RK3s are quite floppy so I think you only see a marginal change. The RK3s also positively buoyant while the Tusas are negative so you might want to keep that in mind. The HD versions are negative but have never used them. I then went to the Jet Fins and they have worked well for me. Also, technique plays a huge part.

The Tusa are great fins for a flutter kick and for travel since they come apart. The Pro fin blades are nearly the cost of a set of fins. I would buy a different set of fins rather than the pro blades. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom