Tsunami Warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You folks on the big island watch out, waves are supposed to get massive over there!

Friend in Aina Haina just said the trucks went thru to tell them to evacuate. Called the FDP and they said we can stay. Gonna be an exciting day! Stay safe Ohana!

We're on Hickam right next to the Pearl Harbor channel, but the phone book says we're not in an inundation zone... Anticipation is building. Hopefully a non-event...

just went to the main street in Kailua - police are having people turn around, there is a strange feeling in the air. Just hope my toilet doesn't over flow.

Please keep us up to date. I for one am planning on a trip in a few weeks to Kona. Thanks!!!

No morons waxing there surf boards?

News said it was going to hit around 4 PM EST, any news yet?

We walked out onto the pier to welcome the tsunami into Avalon Bay (it was only predicted to be tiny) and a 1/8th inch wave hit at just about the right time (12:14). Of course it may have been the wake from a far off kayak.

Not trying to make light of what the tsunami could do in other locations. We were lucky. Hope that all of you on the Islands are safe as well. Watched CNN for 50 minutes with "the first waves could hit at any time" and didn't see anything. No TV up at the house so I'm not aware if it did hit there. Be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom