What is New.Scubaboard.com ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Yesterday SB was not allowing access, then it pops up a window that it is changing to New.Scubaboard.com (with no warning or discussion on SB ) The “new Scubaboard” was asking for login info and looked just like SB.
And today SB is working normally, so I can ask the question.

Thanks! We had run out of room and resources on our old server. It was to the point that it stopped the internal search function and even was causing DB errors. In addition, we couldn't seem to upgrade the old server.

So, we moved and while we were moving, we upgraded the Forum to the most current version. There are a few things to still take care of, but we're almost there.

Thank you, so The New Scubaboard was just a holding name as Scubaboard was “reborn” and now we are back to normal, just faster.
How much is that new server costing? Time to re-up my sponsorship!

so The New Scubaboard was just a holding name as Scubaboard was “reborn” and now we are back to normal, just faster.
Exactly. Faster, bigger, and more reliable. :D Special thanks to @Miyaru for making it happen.
Time to re-up my sponsorship!
I like how you think, hombre!

Compared to other server migrations I’ve seen, this one seems to be traveling at light speed. ”Well done“ to all of those involved and a hearty “thank you“ to our fearless leader for keeping things rolling. I’m grateful this didn’t take place as I was preparing for a trip and loaded down with questions though! 🤔
🐸

We were created in June 2000 and operated with vBulletin.

We were in the cloud, but they got greedy. The server now lives in the Netherlands.

I really love the responsiveness of this server. This can be attributed not only to the new server, but to the upgrade. They really did a great job with DB management.

Back
Top Bottom