Unknown Man drowns snorkeling in Hawaii, wife sues Hawaii for not warning of danger of snorkeling

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The world is currently designed for the lowest common denominator.

Anyone else remember the movie, "Idiocracy"? I highly, highly recommend it.

And then it came true?...
I’ve been telling my wife, for a few years now, we’re living in Idiocracy or, at least, on our way there.

I’ve been telling my wife, for a few years now, we’re living in Idiocracy or, at least, on our way there.
no, dude. we are there.

America is the most litigious country on the planet by a country mile so not surprising at all!

Or “caution hot” on hot coffee. Frivolous lawsuits are all too common, anymore. Personal responsibility, however, is not.
Yeah, no kidding. Just wait, next we'll see mandatory warning stickers on snorkel tubes saying "THIS WAY UP ^" and " CAUTION!!! MAKE SURE TOP OF SNORKEL IS OUT OF WATER BEFORE INHALING OR ELSE IT COULD RESULT IN DROWNING!"

Yeah, no kidding. Just wait, next we'll see mandatory warning stickers on snorkel tubes saying "THIS WAY UP ^" and " CAUTION!!! MAKE SURE TOP OF SNORKEL IS OUT OF WATER BEFORE INHALING OR ELSE IT COULD RESULT IN DROWNING!"
Half of me wants to laugh. Half of me knows it’s just a matter of time.

You know, in general exposure to dihydrogen monoxide is dangerous. Almost 100% of drownings are directly related to exposure. Inhalation of even small amounts can be deadly. Prolonged exposure can result in tissue damage. Thermal variations in temperature can contribute to global warming. Everyone needs to be aware, and sign a waiver!

Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide

Very dangerous indeed.

Or “caution hot” on hot coffee. Frivolous lawsuits are all too common, anymore. Personal responsibility, however, is not.
I am not sure if you're trying to refer to Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants... If so, yeah, there was a good reason for that lawsuit. Unfortunately, that lawsuit is often cited or referred to out of context major detail omissions. Look it up, if you're interested.

Also, food and drinks with temps > 130 or so are considered to be hot enough to warn people.

You know, in general exposure to dihydrogen monoxide is dangerous. Almost 100% of drownings are directly related to exposure. Inhalation of even small amounts can be deadly. Prolonged exposure can result in tissue damage. Thermal variations in temperature can contribute to global warming. Everyone needs to be aware, and sign a waiver!

Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide
And, in it's solid form, it has posed a serious danger to skiers here in Colorado.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom