Trying to Locate Richard Altrath formally of Wanaque,N.J.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
Richard was my original PADI instructor in the earlyk '70s. Apparently he is no longer a PADI instructor (?) I'd really like to correspond with him if anyone knows or dives with him. We attended Lakeland Regional H.S. together.
If you know of his present whereabouts or can give him my contact info I'd sure appreciate it.
Via PM @ scubaboard: Jim T.

THANKS!

I guess I should add that he'd be around 56-60yrs. old these days.
I last knew him to live in the Bloomfield/Union City area although he grew up in Haskell, N.J.
Thanks.

I was sadly informed by a very kind PM that Richard died suddenly 3-4 yrs. ago. (Health issue, not a diving incident). I very much regret that I never had the chance to thank him for his marvelous gift to me, introducing me to a life long passion.
He gave me free OW lessons in Greenwood Lake as a graduation present when he first opened his shop. 1974.

I hope that he somehow knew or knows how much I appreciated that kindness.

I really wish that I had a snapshot of his Wanaque/Haskell, N.J. shop.

If any friends of Richard see this and would care to send me a PM with remembrances of him I'd be most grateful to read them.

Thanks to those who tried to help me with google links, etc.

If his widow sees this message and would like to hear from
one of Dick's high school friend (s) I'd be glad to respond.

Thank you Dick for your friendship and mentoring. You are fondly remembered.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom