Troubles with Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like you have a balanced diaphragm regulator, rather than a piston. My mistake. 'Sorry.

John

I was away eating turkey...anyway, I looked at your pics and you are actually angling your first stages more than I do...meaning that I have a more heinous bend in my HP hose than you do. I barely angle them down and have never had a problem with HP hose failures, weird slipping, or other nonsense. It works fine and I even have one of those thick black UK hose protectors on that hose.

Like WreckWriter said, I did opt for a backup hose that was a couple inches longer because with the standard hose from my singles rig it was being yanked out of my mouth if I looked to my left.

O-ring once bubbled...
I was away eating turkey...anyway, I looked at your pics and you are actually angling your first stages more than I do...meaning that I have a more heinous bend in my HP hose than you do. I barely angle them down and have never had a problem with HP hose failures, weird slipping, or other nonsense. It works fine and I even have one of those thick black UK hose protectors on that hose.

Like WreckWriter said, I did opt for a backup hose that was a couple inches longer because with the standard hose from my singles rig it was being yanked out of my mouth if I looked to my left.

Now see O-ring, if you had Odins, you could service from right or left & hose length would no longer be an issue. :eek:ut:

thethumper once bubbled...

Now see O-ring, if you had Odins, you could service from right or left & hose length would no longer be an issue. :eek:ut:
Believe me, in our diving group we have a serious scubapro vs. apeks rivalry and EVERY TIME we dive the sp people point out their hose routing to me...drives me nuts...

O-ring once bubbled...

Believe me, in our diving group we have a serious scubapro vs. apeks rivalry and EVERY TIME we dive the sp people point out their hose routing to me...drives me nuts...

I switched from apeks to SP to get get that sweet routing....

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...

I switched from apeks to SP to get get that sweet routing....

Tom
Hey, it's your life... :wink:

Heh, true enough.
That's how our rivalry starts...we are always bashing each other's regs...truth be told, I like both and am envious of the hose routing on SPs..

O-ring once bubbled...

That's how our rivalry starts...we are always bashing each other's regs...truth be told, I like both and am envious of the hose routing on SPs..

Does your envy extend to the sweet little lightweight second stages too or are you fixated on hose routing only?

Does your envy etend to the sweet little lightweight second stages too or are you fixated on hose routing only?
Well, when one of my buddy's was diving D400s I thought they were comical...I mean, come on...it doesn't even look like a reg! But, he got a new R380 for his backup and that little sucker is pretty sweet...I was thinking of moving my ATX50 to backup and my TX50 to primary so it doesn't feel like I have a softball bungied under my chin after seeing how small that 380 was..

Back
Top Bottom