Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in Coz in August, I could never see the clouds on radar on my weather.com app or another app which is radar only. Is there an app or service that shows active radar? You know, one that tracks the clouds and shows the green/yellow/red intensities?
Radar Express...I can predict rain to the minute and tell my wife to bring the laundry in :wink:

When I was in Coz in August, I could never see the clouds on radar on my weather.com app or another app which is radar only. Is there an app or service that shows active radar? You know, one that tracks the clouds and shows the green/yellow/red intensities?
The aforementioned Windy app. There are two by the same name; the better one IMO is the one with the red stylized "W" logo.

I used to have one that did just that on my Windows phone but it finally died. I think it was something very memorable such as Weather.com (The Weather Channel) or some other, very famous site. The weather app on my Android phone is fairly worthless. I'm on weather.com right now and it won't let me put in a location :(

@mcpowell I think I got it--while fiddling around on weather.com it asked me if I wanted to download The Weather Channel app and it's just like what I had on the Windows phone. You have to push the little icon in the upper right and check the "Radar" choice. It's taking a while for the green blobs to show up but they are there. I assume you can just find it on your app store. I like this one because you can also zoom in and use it as a street map.

Radar Express...I can predict rain to the minute and tell my wife to bring the laundry in :wink:

Such a good husband. All wives should be so lucky.

BTW, I couldn’t find an app in the Apple portfolio, but I did find the Windy app.

Such a good husband. All wives should be so lucky.

BTW, I couldn’t find an app in the Apple portfolio, but I did find the Windy app.
Apple? Yuck! It’s an Android app :wink:

Hmmm... I just looked again and it looks like it's heading right for Cozumel and could/should/would develop into a cyclone right about the time it gets there, which just happens to be right about the time I will get there. Maybe I should find a place to stay a night or two in Cancun, just in case...

OK - I see now that the suspect area down by Honduras is moving north/NW - will be rainy, but doens't look anything more serious - a tropical depression is no different than a rainy system moving across the midwest - it just gets a fancy name because it's in the "tropics"

OK - I see now that the suspect area down by Honduras is moving north/NW - will be rainy, but doens't look anything more serious - a tropical depression is no different than a rainy system moving across the midwest - it just gets a fancy name because it's in the "tropics"

Hi Christi!

The word that caught my attention was "cyclone." :wink: We've been there when it was raining (hard) and it was no big deal, just like you said. That's why we always bring an umbrella to the tropics. :) I can't tell what the storm movement timeline is but they are saying a possible cyclone in 5 days but it could be past Cozumel by then. Usually the nasty stuff starts up right after we leave or ends right before we get there. We are, however, considering trip insurance....

Edit: according to my weather app on Wednesday it's going to be 6 mph winds and moderate rain. Sound pretty normal to me.

I don’t believe any market would sell you trip insurance towards or near that destination nowo_O

Back
Top Bottom