Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, the National Hurricane Center gives the disturbance south of Cozumel an 80% chance of developing into a tropical cyclone within the next 5 days.

Yeah, I don't mind the rain, it's the loss of sunshine and visibility that sucks.

Think of it as a twilight dive. In October of 2013 it never seemed to stop raining all month. At times it rained so hard haloclines would occur over the dive sites. It would get so dark the lobsters and octopuses would venture out. It was different but enjoyable.

Think of it as a twilight dive. In October of 2013 it never seemed to stop raining all month. At times it rained so hard haloclines would occur over the dive sites. It would get so dark the lobsters and octopuses would venture out. It was different but enjoyable.

It's nice to get my gear rinsed by rainwater after a dive, but my videos always look better when it's sunny. I guess I haven't been lucky enough to the critters to think it's nighttime.

It's nice to get my gear rinsed by rainwater after a dive, but my videos always look better when it's sunny. I guess I haven't been lucky enough to the critters to think it's nighttime.
Have you tried diving in your PJ’s?

I hoped I was interpreting that wrong. I don't want to get stuck in Cancun.

Hmmm... I just looked again and it looks like it's heading right for Cozumel and could/should/would develop into a cyclone right about the time it gets there, which just happens to be right about the time I will get there. Maybe I should find a place to stay a night or two in Cancun, just in case...

When I was in Coz in August, I could never see the clouds on radar on my weather.com app or another app which is radar only. Is there an app or service that shows active radar? You know, one that tracks the clouds and shows the green/yellow/red intensities?

Back
Top Bottom