Triangle Wrecks - June 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve is right. It can get be a tough swim, if the surf is up. Anyway, any person in decent shape wil have no problem. Just take your time. We all learned the basics of beach diving in our open water classes. Last year I lost a brand new Mini Min Mares speargun in the surf. That was on a rough day, but some days it was like a lake. Just depends on conditions. Hopefully it will turn out to be a great day. I plan on diving there this week end, June 18. Supposed to be in the 70's and sunny.

I think I posted the wrong beach access info on an earlier thread. The public beach acess we are meeting at is at Mile Post 7 across the street from 2nd Street. The is a public beach acess sign there with a diver down flag.I will send Mel an email with directions next week and also an specific info we all need.Mel or myself will then post a thread with all the info we need. lets all hope for a good day with no surf, great vis and no bad currents. Look at my pics on wreckmaniac taken on some good days.
Gary

DrSteve:
A word of advice...the surface swim out to the wrecks is not an easy one. Make sure you are prepared for a 100+ yard swim and for some crashing waves. Always keep your reg in your mouth and your octo shielded when you enter, the sand gets everywhere and if you get knocked over it only takes 1 grain of sand to get a massive free flow (I found out last year). Having said that I hope you guys get some good conditions I have dove the wrecks once, but tried 4 times! Shame I'll be out of town that weekend :(

Hey Dr. Steve, I see you're from Chesapeake, VA. I'll be there on the 24th then heading to Nags Head that evening. You'll have to join us on the next dive in Nags Head. BTW, how far is Nags Head from Chesapeake? About an hour and a half?

Thanks,
Mel

Mel,
I have have Joe on the phone now.....
HE'S JEALOUS!!!!
LOL, oh, and ME TOO!!!!!

:D

pennypue:
Mel,
I have have Joe on the phone now.....
HE'S JEALOUS!!!!
LOL, oh, and ME TOO!!!!!

:D

Hi Princess!

Jealous of what? Diving in 20' of water? LOL Maybe it is because we're going to have such a blast diving, and camping out. Soooo, when is he moving here?

suthnbelle:
Hey Dr. Steve, I see you're from Chesapeake, VA. I'll be there on the 24th then heading to Nags Head that evening. You'll have to join us on the next dive in Nags Head. BTW, how far is Nags Head from Chesapeake? About an hour and a half?

Thanks,
Mel

I'll be out of town that weekend :( But...Chesapeake is about 70 miles from Nags Head and around 90 minutes. Very doable :)

suthnbelle:
Hi Princess!

Jealous of what? Diving in 20' of water? LOL Maybe it is because we're going to have such a blast diving, and camping out. Soooo, when is he moving here?
We JUST discussed that.

Seems that the Army, being the Army and all, have seen fit to do something with some file or other. It's not at some location or other, so someone or other seems to have it or something or other.

He uses a lot of initials. :confused:

I just know, that he doesn't know yet. :)

Coming down to Nags Head for a wedding this weekend. I think I will be diving the Triangle wrecks as a guided tour on Monday. What should I expect for marine life? I hear surface conditions can be bad at times?

pennypue:
We JUST discussed that.

Seems that the Army, being the Army and all, have seen fit to do something with some file or other. It's not at some location or other, so someone or other seems to have it or something or other.

He uses a lot of initials. :confused:

I just know, that he doesn't know yet. :)

I have been in this situation before. The army isreally great with paperwork when it comes to moving someone that they really kind of like where they are. I once waited 11 months longer than I was supposed to be at a station before they founf the "right" paperwork.

Tell him to hang in there.

I can't wait to do this trip. Are we coming up with a food list for a Saturday night thing? If so what can I bring.

Paula

N.E.Diver:
Coming down to Nags Head for a wedding this weekend. I think I will be diving the Triangle wrecks as a guided tour on Monday. What should I expect for marine life? I hear surface conditions can be bad at times?

Lots of fish, shells etc, but of course no colorful coral. Too cold. Let us know how the dive went. Conditions vary, it can be rough or it can be like a lake. Go to wreckmaniac and see pics I posted on the Triangle Wrecks to see. I am going to put them on Scubaboard tonight also. G

Back
Top Bottom