Triangle Wrecks - June 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are a few of us diving the Triangle Wrecks (shore dives) in Nags Head on Saturday, June 25th. You're all invited!! I'm sure it will be a good time diving and hanging out at the beach.

For now, this is the info I have:

We're going to meet at the beach where the Triangle Wrecks are located at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. Directions to spot we'll be given later. We'll do two dives then probably get some lunch. After that we'll move down the beach to dive the Huron which is also a shore dive. Gary (I don't know his name on Scubaboard :sorry19z:) from WM is going to lead us on the dives since he does them often. A big thank you :bouncesbl to Gary because this saves us from hiring a DM at the local dive shop.

I'm leaving it up to the ones staying overnight to get their own lodging. There is already a thread regarding lodging with some hotel info in it.

Come on out and dive with us because it will be a blast!

Mel
:cheering:

Who all is going (that I know of):

Mel
Jason B.
Mrs. Prages
BabyDuck
jgarysmith
ncknightdiver and family
Kriterian
harleyridernc2003
nathanb and family

That's great about Gary, whoever he is here on here, hehe. I'm just adding my post to let you know I'm definitely in for this one. I'm so excited and can't wait to go underwater in the ocean for the first time!

me too, me too! chris, love the sig...

Has anyone checked the conditions? I don't know what it's like this year but things can change quite a bit. Over the last three years the Huron was diveable, then covered completely by sand and undiveable for a year, then uncovered again the next year.

Hello,
This is Gary here. The public beach access is located at mile post 6.5. There is public parking here at since we will be getting ther at 9 am there should be plenty of parking.
Look for a scuba dive flag sign under the beach access sign and you will know you are at the right beach parking. see you there Look at my pics on wreck maniac of the Triangle Wrecks and you will see on a good vis day, it is great diving. Gary
suthnbelle:
There are a few of us diving the Triangle Wrecks (shore dives) in Nags Head on Saturday, June 25th. You're all invited!! I'm sure it will be a good time diving and hanging out at the beach.

For now, this is the info I have:

We're going to meet at the beach where the Triangle Wrecks are located at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. Directions to spot we'll be given later. We'll do two dives then probably get some lunch. After that we'll move down the beach to dive the Huron which is also a shore dive. Gary (I don't know his name on Scubaboard :sorry19z:) from WM is going to lead us on the dives since he does them often. A big thank you :bouncesbl to Gary because this saves us from hiring a DM at the local dive shop.

I'm leaving it up to the ones staying overnight to get their own lodging. There is already a thread regarding lodging with some hotel info in it.

Come on out and dive with us because it will be a blast!

Mel
:cheering:

I am gonna go down a week before and check on conditions. Some friends dove last week and it was great, but they can change day to day as we all know. Sometimes it is hit or miss, but hey, it is free.
jgarysmith:
Hello,
This is Gary here. The public beach access is located at mile post 6.5. There is public parking here at since we will be getting ther at 9 am there should be plenty of parking.
Look for a scuba dive flag sign under the beach access sign and you will know you are at the right beach parking. see you there Look at my pics on wreck maniac of the Triangle Wrecks and you will see on a good vis day, it is great diving. Gary

The Huron is looking good this year! It is back to the way it was 3 years ago with alot uncovered.

Unfortunatly, I won't be able to make it with you guys, but I hope you have a great dive!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it is going to be great.
OBXDIVEGUY:
The Huron is looking good this year! It is back to the way it was 3 years ago with alot uncovered.

Unfortunatly, I won't be able to make it with you guys, but I hope you have a great dive!

jgarysmith:
I am gonna go down a week before and check on conditions. Some friends dove last week and it was great, but they can change day to day as we all know. Sometimes it is hit or miss, but hey, it is free.

I've only dived in the Fantasy Lake quarry so the vis doesn't bother me, heh. If you do go down I'd like to know the temperature too so I can plan what wetsuit (hood, gloves) etc to bring along.

Thanks again for helping us out with the tour, I can't wait.

jgarysmith:
......... but hey, it is free.

That is one of the best parts! :D They other part is getting to dive with a great group of people.

Back
Top Bottom