Triangle Wrecks - June 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just checking to be sure this trip is still on. I have heard a rumour that Mel may not be able to make it. I just want to know if this will go on with or without her as this great plan was all hers.

As said on the info thread -

Never listen to rumours. Especially from [guilty gulp] UNRELIABLE [/guilty gulp] sources! MEL is COMING! YAY!

all thanks to me, since i bullied her! yay! plus she needs the mental break, right, mel?

You go with your bad self Marci. I could use some of your bullying up my way. :D

Yay Mel. Mental Breaks are great. You won't need any mental with us, Marci and I have that covered. :D

I'm considering doing the U85 sometime soon. Would any of you guys be interested or can comment on the "Go Between".

BabyDuck:
all thanks to me, since i bullied her! yay! plus she needs the mental break, right, mel?

Yes, Marci called me bright and early at work this morning to do some arm twisting. In other words, she wouldn't take any excuses what-so-ever. I had something come up yesterday that was making me reconsider the trip, but all is good now. I need a break or the next place I'll be logging on from will be this hospital where they have padded rooms, the walls are white, and it is really..really...quiet. Hmm.....that's not sounding so bad right now. :439:

Steve,
I dove the U 85 with the Go Between last year. It was agreat dive and the boat worked out well. I can't remember the dive master that was there but he was good. I am vacationing in Nags Head the week of JUly 23 thru 30 and I am trying to get a charter up to dive the U 701. I need 10 people and right now I have 7. Let me know if you would like to be involved. If we don't dive the 701 we are going to dive the U85. In fact I am going to do both anyway. Let me know

Gary

jgarysmith:
Steve,
I dove the U 85 with the Go Between last year. It was agreat dive and the boat worked out well. I can't remember the dive master that was there but he was good. I am vacationing in Nags Head the week of JUly 23 thru 30 and I am trying to get a charter up to dive the U 701. I need 10 people and right now I have 7. Let me know if you would like to be involved. If we don't dive the 701 we are going to dive the U85. In fact I am going to do both anyway. Let me know

Gary
Hey Gary!

That would be great - although I have little vacation remaining (damn Bonaire!). For the U boat dive it would have to be a weekend (weekdays are 100% out). I'm pretty certain Karen would be interested as well and I suspect Mark Vlahos as well.

Steve

PS. What's the depth of the U701? Do you know if OBX Dive hires tanks bigger than Al80's?

Depth is also around 100ft. I do not know if OBX rents bigger tanks, but Dive Quarters in Va Bch rents LP 120's. Karen is also more than welcome to go. I am talking with Bill McDermot at OBX about booking the dive. It will definatly be a weekend, because most people have to work. The big issue with the 701, is conditions. It is in a location where currents are really bad. Just so everyone knows we might get there and not be able to dive it. WE will then have to go to an alternate dive. I guess that is the chance you take diving a U boat that hasn't been dove as much as the others. Once I get more info and a definate date I will let you know. Right now, we are shooting for Sunday July 24, but it is not definate.

jgarysmith:
Depth is also around 100ft. I do not know if OBX rents bigger tanks, but Dive Quarters in Va Bch rents LP 120's. Karen is also more than welcome to go. I am talking with Bill McDermot at OBX about booking the dive. It will definatly be a weekend, because most people have to work. The big issue with the 701, is conditions. It is in a location where currents are really bad. Just so everyone knows we might get there and not be able to dive it. WE will then have to go to an alternate dive. I guess that is the chance you take diving a U boat that hasn't been dove as much as the others. Once I get more info and a definate date I will let you know. Right now, we are shooting for Sunday July 24, but it is not definate.

Awesome! I spoke to someone at OBX and they said they hire 95-100 tanks for about 15 dollars (he didn't know exactly). I'm personally dead set on doing a U boat, so if we can't do the 701, would we try for another U boat? Keep me posted and I'll email Mark and see if he is interested.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom