• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Traveling to Key Largo, what dive shop do some of you recommend?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by thebird36, Mar 10, 2013.

1. conchrandy

conchrandy Contributor

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Any, except one or two. All are great or they wouldn't be here. Agree, the crappy ones are soon out.

mselenaous likes this.
  2. jasoncolorado

jasoncolorado Registered

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I have used OceanDivers in the past. They were very friendly, easy to work and nice boats.

3. koozemani

koozemani Contributor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    + whatever number we're up to for Conch Republic

4. SWAMPY459

SWAMPY459 Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Conch Republic treated us like royalty. They have the absolute best customer service I've encountered in any discipline, not just diving. That being said, they are not a huge dive superstore, but I can HIGHLY recommend taking at least one of their half day trips. They are reasonably priced also.

I honestly don't think you'll find a business that's better.

5. drbill

drbill The Lorax for the Kelp Forest Scuba Legend

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Conch Republic was great for dive buddy Andrea and me when we were in the Keys.

6. Cajuncru Diver

Cajuncru Diver Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    ScubaSteve1962 likes this.
  7. Busdiver

Busdiver NAUI Instructor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Sail Fish Scuba. Small operation but focus is on safety. Only four divers on the boat. You will pay about $15 more per a two tank dive but having so few divers in the water with you is worth it. Also they do not stick to the same schedule day in and day out. They will take you parts of the reef where there are no other charters. There are some days on Molasses where it looks like a parking lot of dive boats (Rainbow Reef/Horizon/Ocean Divers all put 15-20 plus divers in the water at a time on the shallow dives) and Sail Fish will head north to Elbow.

Just my .02

Bus

8. Amazz

Amazz Contributor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    We were quite pleased with Key Largo Dive Center. They were very accommodating, have good rental gear, and a large boat that only carries 6 divers.

9. deepstops

deepstops Blacklight Poster ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives:
    Silent World and Conch Republic will both serve you well but since you are staying at the Holiday Inn, you should also consider the six-pack charter that runs from the Holiday Inn >> HMS Minnow Dive Charters | Contact Us
    To get the best deal, explain you want to dive multiple days with gear included and see what the pricing he can do (it never hurts to ask for a better deal).

10. Capt Gary

Capt Gary Contributor

# of Dives:
    First let me thank those for the kudo's, we really appreciate it. Can't believe we've been here for 10 years and over that time have met a lot of great people who have and are still supporting our shop...Thanks!!!

There are a lot of great shops down here and my advise would be to contact them to see what they have scheduled to dive during your vacation here. Some, as myself, have their schedules online which you can look at. Bottom line......you need to ensure it's the right dives for you and you have a great time while you're down here.

If you have any questions, even if you don't dive with us, please feel free to either PM me or call the shop. Someone their would be happy to help answer any questions you might have.

Good Diving,
    Capt Gary

sportxlh and mselenaous like this.