Share This Page
Dive Shop, 65, from Tavernier, Florida Keys
- Jan 16, 1956 (Age: 65)
- Home Page:
- Tavernier, Florida Keys
- Dive shop owner / Entrepreneur
- Certification Agencies:
- PADI, TDI/SDI, SSI, NASDS, NSS, NAUI
- Dive History:
- Was first certified in 1971 with NASDS and have been diving ever since. Dove all over the Gulf of Mexico, East Coast of Florida and the Bahamas. Enjoyed diving the springs in the early 80's when I got my full cave certification. Now I enjoy diving the beautiful Florida Keys.
- Certification History:
- Certified with NASDS in 1971 NSS cave cert in 1983. I've since gone on to get my instructor certs with PADI, TDI/SDI and now SSI. 2008 recipient of SSI's Pro 5000 award.
- Certification Level:
- Instructor with PADI, TDI/SDI, SSI, NASE, & NAUI
- Dive Classification:
- Dive Shop Owner / Employee
- Years Certified:
- Ten Or More Years
- Dive Equipment:
- Atomic , DiveRite, OMS, Evolution
- Rebreather Type:
- Rebreather Experience:
Capt Gary is a US Coast Guard certified Captain with over 40 years of diving experience. His diving certifications include instructor with PADI, SSI, SDI/TDI, and NASE. He is a staff instructor with SDI, a course director with NASE and a Evolution CCR Instructor and a CCR Normoxic diver. Capt Gary also received the prestigious SSI Platinum Pro 5000 award in 2008. He has appeared on several TV shows including co-hosting Treasure Divers, and interviewed on Ship Sinkers. Both have aired world wide on Discovery and History channels. He is also an Electronical Engineer / Software Developer with over 20 years in high tech. His wife Brenda, a Chemical Engineer and Capt Gary were both laid off from those high tech jobs in 2003 while living in Austin, TX. After getting laid off, he wanted to move back to his home state of Florida where they purchased Conch Republic Divers in the Florida Keys.
- Diving Rebreathers Since:
During those early days at Conch, Brenda was keeping track of their boat schedules with a crude program written by the previous owner. Looking for a better method, Capt Gary put on his software development hat and designed Scubaocity, a DiveShop Management System. This system last year helped dive shops using it schedule and track over 155,000 divers in their businesses. Capt Gary has also partnered with EncomPos Software, a point of sale program. Together they have integrated Scubaocity scheduling system with the POS and gone on to create an automated web-store integration to the POS allowing real time QOH(quantity on hand) in both programs.
SignatureCapt Gary / Conch Republic Divers
"The Friendliest Dive Shop in the Keys"
(305)852-1655 Located in Tavernier/Islamorada (8 Miles South of Key Largo)
Dive Reservations / Conditions
Today's Dives at Conch Republic Divers
"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not."