Traveling to Key Largo, what dive shop do some of you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another + for silent world. Two recent trips with them. Capt Todd is a great addition to their team. Never seen anyone so focused on making sure his customers get the experience they want.

Another + for silent world. Two recent trips with them. Capt Todd is a great addition to their team. Never seen anyone so focused on making sure his customers get the experience they want.

We are heading down to key largo for a week tomorrow. Will only be diving one day with silent world. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Conch Republic said they take up to 30 divers on their boat. That sure sounds like a "cattle boat" to me. Am I wrong?

I dove with Conch Republic back in early March (5th - my birthday). There were only 6 of us on that big boat. Of course, one of those 6 was the famous "Net Doc", our leader of Scuba Board here. Great time...Great boat...will dive with them again

Conch Republic said they take up to 30 divers on their boat. That sure sounds like a "cattle boat" to me. Am I wrong?

The Republic Diver is a 46' Newton with 14 1/2 foot beam. It is certified for 44 divers but we limit it to 30. That gives everyone on board plenty of room.

Good Diving,

We were quite pleased with Key Largo Dive Center. They were very accommodating, have good rental gear, and a large boat that only carries 6 divers.

I cannot agree with this. In my opinion they are the worst op I have used in the Keys so far.

Last edited:
Details, please?

I hate to get into giving reviews like that as I have found most of them that I have read here seem more like whining then anything else. It is in my option too easy for someone to trash an op without ever even trying to resolve it directly with the owner. The owner of Key Largo Dive Center was made aware privately of the details from that day and seems to have chosen to ignore them. So I will stick to what I said earlier and leave it at that.

We are doing AOW with Rainbow Reef the first week of June, and so far very pleased with the helpful staff.

ConchyJoe, we also did our AOW with Rainbow Reef in 2004. They run a great operation and made us much better divers. They also inspired us to continue diving...OFTEN!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom