Travel to the Philippines in 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they still require covid vaccinated?

Hi, the Philippines does not require you to be vaccinated. If unvaccinated, then you just need a negative antigen test within 24 hours before arrival. Come to the Philippines and support the dive industry. It's still not fully recovered yet.

I already made plans for 2023. Looking at 2024, maybe end of April, and Puerto Galera.

I already made plans for 2023. Looking at 2024, maybe end of April, and Puerto Galera.
Puerto Galera has some nice diving with the highlights being Verde Island and a dive site called 'The Canyons'. You should also look at spending a few days diving in Anilao. It's pretty close to PG.

What's the best time of the year for Philippines ? (and the worst...). Are the seasons like in Thailand : rain between July and November ?

What's the best time of the year for Philippines ? (and the worst...). Are the seasons like in Thailand : rain between July and November ?
Oct to May: The West coast of the Kingdom.
Rest of the yr is the East coast.

Worst time of the year in Philippines: Divine intervention ie weather particularly typhoon.

But typhoon can strike as late as Boxing Day(experienced twice).

Best time for me is from Jan to early May.

Some of us remember this:

What's the best time of the year for Philippines ? (and the worst...). Are the seasons like in Thailand : rain between July and November?

You can dive all year round in the Philippines. I think the best conditions are usually from February to May, but conditions are generally good all year round.

Back
Top Bottom