Travel to the Philippines in 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cases, schmases. Omicron generates more cases but fewer hospitalizations. A lot of people might rather get a mild flu than not be able to pay the rent or feed their family.
Mexico's death rate is much higher though and since Philippines testing rate is double I attribute it to earlier detection and treatment. It's impossible to truly compare two places due to so many variables but it appears to me that all the extra restrictions haven't much reduced the number of infections but the ample testing allows them to be treated better.
1. Omicron is not as deadly as Delta. Lucky for us so far.
2. Mexico is a lot poorer than Thailand so I would imagine the medical facility is also lacking.
3. Extra restrictions probably have reduced the chance to import the virus. While ample testing allows them, infected persons, to be isolated and treated quickly.
4. Nothing work!

Not sure if it is accurate now.
No quarantine required if travel from the "Green list" countries.

Sorry, no "our kind" of tourists allowed to enter Philippines still :
"Only a small demographic of foreigners can currently visit the Philippines, and from February, they will need to be fully vaccinated. This includes people with pre-existing visas, those registered under the Balikbayan Programme as former Filipino citizens, their foreign spouses or children and those with a special resident or retiree visa or an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs."

ABS-CBN News​

Posted at Jan 28 2022 01:19 PM | Updated as of Jan 28 2022 02:47 PM

MANILA (UPDATE) - Fully-vaccinated international travelers and returning overseas Filipinos are no longer required to undergo facility-based quarantine, but must test negative for COVID-19 and self-monitor for symptoms, the government announced Friday.
The Philippines has also suspended its "green," "yellow," and "red" COVID-19 risk classifications for countries, territories and jurisdictions, said acting Presidential Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles.
Starting February 1, 2022, the Philippines would follow the following protocols in the entry of international arriving Filipinos and foreign nationals, regardless of their country of origin:
  1. Fully vaccinated international arriving passengers shall be required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to departure from the country of origin.
  2. Upon arrival, they shall no longer be required to observe mandatory facility-based quarantine.
  3. Shall self-monitor for any sign or symptom for 7 days with the first day being the date of arrival and shall be required to report to the local government unit of destination upon the manifestation of symptoms, if any.

Apologies Centrals, you were right!!!
Just made plans to go back to Mexico @$%#🤬

Apologies Centrals, you were right!!!
Just made plans to go back to Mexico @$%#🤬
No need to apology. The info I put on #21 regarding arrival was not accurate. Thing change quickly.
Have to plan again.
PAL has daily direct flight from YVR to MNL.

No need to apology. The info I put on #21 regarding arrival was not accurate. Thing change quickly.
Have to plan again.
PAL has daily direct flight from YVR to MNL.
From the past experience in 2020, things were so complicated by the different rules imposed by local, state and federal governments , all having there own idea and often conflicting with each other. I see in the news , that officials are still very strict with those who test positive for covid, requiring mandatory quarantine at designated places( some even on basketball courts). It would be easier to travel when dust settled, they can change the rules on a dime if the cases spike again, just like before.

As others have pointed out, today's yes may just as easily turn to tomorrow's no. That said, come on back. Check local destination requirements closer to your departure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom