Travel to the Philippines in 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtran

Geography Police
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
See Philippines to reopen to some foreign tourists from next week

I know it's plans & projections--I've heard many positive things about scuba diving in SE Asia, and the Philippines (thinking Puerto Galera area) is a fairly straightforward trip from the US. I'm thinking somewhere in the April-to-June 2022 timeframe.

I know it's plans & projections--I've heard many positive things about scuba diving in SE Asia, and the Philippines (thinking Puerto Galera area) is a fairly straightforward trip from the US. I'm thinking somewhere in the April-to-June 2022 timeframe.

It takes us 24 hours door to door to get to Sabang Beach/Puerto Galera in the Philippines, and we're in Vancouver with a direct flight to Manila.

The Philippine's is definitely worth the time to get there, I was in PG and Dumaguete three years ago and it was great.

I am not sure how much luck you will have with that time frame though. I have a trip that has been rescheduled to Nov. 2022 that has been pushed four times since April 2020. Maybe someone with current local knowledge has a better estimate when travel restrictions will be eased.

" on a trial basis "!!

Great diving in the country.
Avoid Easter if possible.
Easy non stop-connection from US(West Coast).
The main issue is the new variant.
Good luck.

Actually getting in and out will be the issue. My wife is Filipino and its almost impossible. Vaxxed or not!

Id like to dive there one day too.

Cheers
Tony

The main issue is the new variant.

The Omricon variant is a spanner in the works for now until more is known about it.

Fingers crossed that the current vaccines will protect us from it otherwise we can expect another six months of restricted travel.

Yes, right now, everything is notional, depending on:
  • Whether the authorities actually do open for tourism on a limited basis on Dec. 1 2021 per the article,
  • Whether they continue to open, similarly with the dive resorts,
  • If the airlines are booking flights,
  • etc...
Based on my work schedule, I have a good window in end-of-April-to-early-May.

As for opening tourism to so called "green list" arrivals starting December 1, that plan is off the table for at least 2 weeks (to be revisited December 15). Green listed countries included some real head scratchers, including, among others, India, Namibia, Rwanda, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, and Zimbabwe. The full list is a laugher. So don't be betting the milk money on anything just yet.

My ex-assistant has decided to stay in Dubai instead of going home to PI. The cost of flights from here has tripled too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom