Travel to the Philippines in 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Today's YES" can easily turn to "tomorrow's NO" is the main concern for most of us.
There is always additional risk when travelling aboard any time.
Fully vaccinated and have a good medical insurance to cover the dreaded Covid. The rest is up to the individual to ponder.
There is no right or wrong.

"Today's YES" can easily turn to "tomorrow's NO" is the main concern for most of us.

Same here. I'll let things stabilize. Anything could happen. A new stronger variant could be flaring up by end of year but if it does I can count on Mexico to be trying their best to keep tourism open and I can count on Philippines to flip it off without a second thought. And while it might keep some cases from being imported I don't see statistically where it makes all that big of difference. Devastating the livelihoods to everyone in the tourism industry makes a big difference to them. But honestly, when I look at Mexico's cases/deaths, the problem areas aren't the tourist zones.

Same here. I'll let things stabilize. Anything could happen. A new stronger variant could be flaring up by end of year but if it does I can count on Mexico to be trying their best to keep tourism open and I can count on Philippines to flip it off without a second thought. And while it might keep some cases from being imported I don't see statistically where it makes all that big of difference. Devastating the livelihoods to everyone in the tourism industry makes a big difference to them. But honestly, when I look at Mexico's cases/deaths, the problem areas aren't the tourist zones.
Duterte has mind of its own with couldn't careless attitude. So anything is possible.
Tourist zones are where the money generated so received extra attention one way or another. Phuket is a prime example in SE Asia.

The Philippines is now fully reopened and the diving is excellent. I have been to PG and dived with Asia Divers. There was lots of current and a load of marine life. My next location was Panglao and I dived at Balicasag Island, and my favourite was the Pamilacan Island diving. Beautiful corals, great viz and awesome dive sites. We spent a few days muck diving over in Dauin. To say that it's 'world-class diving' would be an understatement. All in all, there are many diving option in the Philippines.

I went in March 2022. Airport formalities worked like clockwork.I spent 13 nights in Anilao, had a wonderful time and saw thousands of beautiful things. Highly recommended.

It takes us 24 hours door to door to get to Sabang Beach/Puerto Galera in the Philippines, and we're in Vancouver with a direct flight to Manila.
Takes me 24 hours and I'm in Southern Letye.

I spent 3 weeks on Panglao in Sept, then went back this January and spent another week in Panglao and a week on siquijor. Things were pretty much open in Sept, and completely open in January. I had a great time both trips. I am going back this Sept and splitting a month between cebu and Dumaguete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom