Travel Route Suggestions-going from the US to Playa by Car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Referring back to El Guadaro's story he relates that there were innocents dead in their vehicles who had apparently continued driving forward and came upon the bad guys and/or to the murder scene. Each one of those dead innocents was dead because they were moving forward toward the bad guys based on his description of multiple bullet holes in the front windshield.

Ric clearly describes that he was driving north and that the other vehicles appear to have been driving south toward the original scene. Beyond that, we just don't know.

He doesn't provide any evidence that he didn't pass the original malefactors passing him heading south (how would he have known?), that they didn't precede him driving north, that they weren't watching him from the bushes, or that they didn't head off to the east or west somehow. There's simply no way for him to know any of that. All we know is that, in that particular situation, what he did ended up being safe.

As you said there are established protocols, when weak attack, when strong retreat.. blah, blah, blah. We are now in agreement that survival isn't based upon just luck.

Referring back to El Guadaro's story he relates that there were innocents dead in their vehicles who had apparently continued driving forward and came upon the bad guys and/or to the murder scene. Each one of those dead innocents was dead because they were moving forward toward the bad guys based on his description of multiple bullet holes in the front windshield. Driving up on a murder scene and seeing a defined trail of further dead innocents leading further down the highway from the scene indicating that the bad guys headed that way on their exit, killing those that came upon them, means I'm heading back the way I came, the only direction I definitely know I just traversed without incident, I'm definitely not going to follow the trail of dead bodies as they get fresher until I eventually come up on the bad guys in the act and become the next victim. It's nothing more complicated than that, it's just logic and common sense if nothing else. In the real world there would be agreement and head nodding and "of course", in scubaboard world nobody every let logic get in the way so we can argue about million to one scenarios and what if's. Doesn't change by the topic, more air on dives is bad and following the trail of dead bodies as they get warmer is good....
:shakehead:

And only on Scubaboard would someone tell a guy that managed to avoid getting killed driving through a massacre that, "No, you know you did that wrong!"

And did EG mention he was taking liver temps as he drove by?

I was going to continue to explain how you have made assumptions, but I decided to skip it.

Maybe EG could provide a further diagrams and after action reports so you can further explain his lack of logic and common sense? Poor EG, first he failed to follow established protocols for driving up on headless bodies, now he lacks common sense. All this time I thought he was kinda smart.

I wasn't even going to mention that I've participated in hundreds of autopsies and practice medicine every day and would not be able to estimate with accuracy the relative times of death of a bunch of bodies that I was driving past.

Maybe El Graduado left his probe thermometer at home that day.

I'm telling you. Safest thing: Get out an take pictures. You go to all the trouble of cutting off ALL the heads, you want the word to get out. They see you taking photos of that, they let you go so you can post to Facebook.

That's common sense!

I have only ever been able to determine time of death as:

1. Recent;
2. Not really recent, and;
3. Oh dear.

I'm telling you. Safest thing: Get out an take pictures. You go to all the trouble of cutting off ALL the heads, you want the word to get out. They see you taking photos of that, they let you go so you can post to Facebook.

In other words even the Los Zetas respect tourism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard internet rules apply: Show us the pics or it didn't happen.

Ric clearly describes that he was driving north and that the other vehicles appear to have been driving south toward the original scene. Beyond that, we just don't know.

I agree, that's what I said already. So now you and chiefy are in agreement with me. Good we are getting somewhere.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 07:54 AM ----------

Or they were coming from that way. The driver may have come upon the last killing first, rather than the first killing.

In this scenario, there really is no way to know which way is safe. Perhaps you'd already passed the danger (and they were done with the killing spree- they were killing witnesses, not randoms), but now if you headed back, they know you've seen it (because they saw you turn around) and think they need to kill you too.

For the record- I'm of the opinion to turn around. Because I was just there safely, it seems like it should remain safe. My husband tells me his military training was to NOT turn around. Then again, they presumably were trained with the assumption they have weapons (though of course, I think you'd rather not use them).

I thought you had me on ignore?

And only on Scubaboard would someone tell a guy that managed to avoid getting killed driving through a massacre that, "No, you know you did that wrong!"

Nope, just a reaction to a shocking story made very real by the way he wrote it.

It's more than enough to reconfirm my zero desire to traverse Mexico anytime soon. Especially in a country who's gun control laws are so extreme we see the results with only the criminals have the guns and innocents and the law abiding are just lambs to the slaughter. No thank you.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 07:59 AM ----------

I do. I often can't resist clicking the "read post" option. Like now.

I'm an addiction aren't I. Your boring lives get a little thrill now and then. Something more entertaining to read then the latest report of who's tacos are tastiest or which restaurant got a new hot sauce

Back
Top Bottom