Travel Route Suggestions-going from the US to Playa by Car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So much easier to just get on a plane.

You might think so, but......

Snakes%20On%20A%20Plane-14.jpg

I would definitely stop in Xalapa to see the Olmec heads and get a decent coffee.

There is a place where you can see decapitations AND get good coffee? Got a map? Wait.... Do they have whole milk? I ain't doing skim even for heads....

MV5BMTQ4NjU0NDc2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM3NjYxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

On the other hand, I never actually read a protocol for driving up on a stack of heads along the roadway, let alone one about turning around.

So you're saying this doesn't happen much in Pennsylvania?

So you're saying this doesn't happen much in Pennsylvania?

No. Not often at least. Lets see.... There was a dead alligator along the road once. We stopped and took pictures. No one had cut his head off though, so really not the same thing.

A thing or two, maybe. None of them seem to rely on assuming anything is safe. Actually, a core tenant is do the unexpected to avoid the bad guy guessing your move. If as Mike says retreating is the 'standard protocol' then clearly that is the WORST idea. (On the other hand, I never actually read a protocol for driving up on a stack of heads along the roadway, let alone one about turning around. If you have a reference I would be happy to read it. Police and SERT don't really train for it. Maybe the SF community has a 'retreat upon finding heads policy'? ) I would probably have stopped for pictures. NO ONE would expect that. Besides, think about it, why would they be hanging around their pile of heads. I mean the army might drive by or something. That's just dumb.

I mean if I was beheading people and I wanted to kill more people, I would probably wait on one side. I could fix a marg and some tongue tacos and wait. When someone drives by heading for my heads, I could sit down the marg, get my ak checked and get in my spot. Then when they turn around and come racing back as expected, light em up. SO much easier than staying alert the whole time. Always pick the escape route, cover it and flush the sheep. Let 'em come to you. That is hunting 101. You don't have to be an elite tactical operator to know that. EG would have gotten away from me as he did the unexpected.

When weak attack, when strong retreat, etc, etc.

As you said there are established protocols, when weak attack, when strong retreat.. blah, blah, blah. We are now in agreement that survival isn't based upon just luck.

Referring back to El Guadaro's story he relates that there were innocents dead in their vehicles who had apparently continued driving forward and came upon the bad guys and/or to the murder scene. Each one of those dead innocents was dead because they were moving forward toward the bad guys based on his description of multiple bullet holes in the front windshield. Driving up on a murder scene and seeing a defined trail of further dead innocents leading further down the highway from the scene indicating that the bad guys headed that way on their exit, killing those that came upon them, means I'm heading back the way I came, the only direction I definitely know I just traversed without incident, I'm definitely not going to follow the trail of dead bodies as they get fresher until I eventually come up on the bad guys in the act and become the next victim. It's nothing more complicated than that, it's just logic and common sense if nothing else. In the real world there would be agreement and head nodding and "of course", in scubaboard world nobody every let logic get in the way so we can argue about million to one scenarios and what if's. Doesn't change by the topic, more air on dives is bad and following the trail of dead bodies as they get warmer is good....
:shakehead:

Last edited:
a good route for them to take

Have they chosen their route yet?

indicating that the bad guys headed that way on their exit

Or they were coming from that way. The driver may have come upon the last killing first, rather than the first killing.

In this scenario, there really is no way to know which way is safe. Perhaps you'd already passed the danger (and they were done with the killing spree- they were killing witnesses, not randoms), but now if you headed back, they know you've seen it (because they saw you turn around) and think they need to kill you too.

For the record- I'm of the opinion to turn around. Because I was just there safely, it seems like it should remain safe. My husband tells me his military training was to NOT turn around. Then again, they presumably were trained with the assumption they have weapons (though of course, I think you'd rather not use them).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom