Travel fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone used the zeagle finz? Force fins look great but.. man they are serious money. Not to mention they are not flat. That would be fine for some situations but I have a dive caddy and curved fins are tough.

If you like your Jets, you should be happy with the Slipstreams.

Force fins look great but.. man they are serious money. Not to mention they are not flat. That would be fine for some situations but I have a dive caddy and curved fins are tough.

Curved short fins pack much easier than you think, the dive caddy fits them just fine. Serious money??? really. Lets see, ForceFin $190 from the manufacturer, regularly ~$100 on ebay in like new condition, craigslist can yield results as well. Atomic Smoke on the Water $260, that's serious money.

Since Force fins, Flat fins doesn't make sense anymore,..loved my forcefin pro, easy to pack, light, and provide all the power and thrust you need in currents or calm waters,..i would not imagine myself using traditional 'flat' fins anymore,..

Ok I only saw the force fin pro and the price shocked me a bit.

Including shipping, bungie (one older page google took me to said it was extra) and the comfort insole the page said I would be looking at 350 for a pair of fins, while they might be the best thing since sliced bread that is still a huge chunk of change to ask.

Since I don't really consider myself a pro maybe I will look into the regular force fins, still a bit much in terms of cost, but possible.

As for packing, have any of you used a dive caddy with these? It is not a bag in the traditional sense, rather a system that uses compression straps to create a bag like object.  Works great, but since the goal is to smoosh everything together into the smallest shape possible, I just can't really picture how the FFs work.  Would they be shoved flat in the bag when compressed or could that damage them?

Just want to make sure there isn't an assumption being made about what the DC is or is not

yes, I've used the dive caddy, the ForceFins fit better than any other fin, I've put everything from AL Blades 2, jets, Bios, Quattros. Long flat fins do not pack well. and nothing damages them, you can put them in a vice damn near creased for days and they will will spring back to shape.

Right now there are not less than 4 pairs of XL or XXL Pros on ebay for <$100. Since Force Fins do not age, I have pairs over 25 y/o and they are as good as they day I got them. And most all of the ones that I am seeing are the best color (neon yellow).

I couldn't comment on Dive Caddy since we don't have them here in my country, but i agree with what meesier said, Force fin doesn't age, and the reason for that is because Bob simply made his Fins with the highest quality material available, thus extra manufacturing cost, but 1 pair of Force fins is all you need,...it doesn't break, it never changes shape, and will continue to work fine 30-40 years from now...It's a great investment...or should i say 1 time only investment in fins...

i always calculate the TCO (Total cost of Ownership) while purchasing my dive equipments, means that i calculate how long i want to use the equipment, maintenance, durability, scalability, and resale value, and in my opinion Force fin fit to those criteria, except for resale value, i'll never sell my Force fins! and Yes it might hurt a bit, might need to save up some more to buy the fins, but all you get is a high quality product that really works, and can last like forever (in diving time).

The difference between Pro and Normal Force fin is in material they used. Force fin pro is stiffer and have more snaps/rebound compared to the originals..So you don't have to be a Pro to wear Force Fin pro,.. :wink:

I still travel with my old Blades... they are light weight and good in currents. I just attach them to the pockets on the side of my backpack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom