Travel fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fin Pros. Been travelling with the same pair for 15 years or so. Efficient, easy on ankles and wear like iron, although I did replace the bungees once. Not the best for back kicks.
And fair warning - you'll get some odd looks, and you might run into some folks who hate them.

And if you're still willing to step outside the box, my initial tests with Morfin/Delfin Predators went well. Similar to paddle fins wrt the ankles, but better on back kicks than Force Fins.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! Lots to consider!

Need to get a hold of my LDS and see what they carry too, maybe they will have some of these to try.

I like the aqualung hot shots, perfect for traveling, good power when you kick and they have 2 settings to choose from depending on how you kick. I also bought the departure carry on bag made by aqualung that the fins are designed to fit in the sides of, holds a full set of gear for a vacation dive.

This fit in carry on and they do work.
shapeimage_1.png

I'm going to resurrect this thread, hopefully thats OK because I think its a good topic.

Closed heel: Aqualung hotshot hands down. I've used them in the pool and I was impressed with their maneuverability. They are very flexible and frog kick well. Also quite comfortable, their foot pocket is nice and the "comfort strap" makes for a nice fit. They also don't look strange (mor-fins and force fin). They APPEAR open heel but are designed for bare feet.

However, I prefer my boots so open heel is my choice. On OW dives I use SP Nova's, they are very fast and comfortable. But they are way too big to travel with.

Open heel: I really can't say because I haven't tried them but the Akona Caicos fins look pretty nice. I wish I could see a side by side comparison with the hot shots to see if they would pack as easily. Scubapro jet sports would also be worth considering, depending on length.

I'm definitely looking forward to others' opinions on this topic.

WE did a side-by-side blind test yesterday at our LDS, and the Cressi Reaction was waaaay lighter than the Aqualung HotShot for the same size. My prob is the Large is so long on the Cressi that I'd like to find something equally light, but a bit shorter for easier packing.

Back
Top Bottom