Travel Cancun Airport to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwdiver2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Let’s make a sticky topic for Cancun Airport to Coz. This gets answered every week and some of the best info is buried; who want’s to write it out repeatedly? It’s buried because sometimes it is an answer to a question that’s title is another topic. I just tried to search this forum with the word Bus and got no hits. :11:

So the options are Van, Taxi or Bus from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen then the ferry to Cozumel.

I usually arrive mid morning and use a van service buying the 2 way ticket. The ride to the drop off in Playa is about 45min, the drop off point I use is 2-3 blocks from the ferry. The ferries schedule at mid day is about 1 per hour and takes 30-40 minutes. I always stop in the square for a beer to start my stay then Taxi to my accommodation.

Anyone with the schedules and prices please post them and they can be updated as required. Info on flights could also be included. I have used small planes over to Coz, but found I waited around for takeoff and could be in Playa while I was waiting.

Bus to Playa del Carmen at the east end of terminal 2 Cancun airport. Still was 65 peso in March or $7us. Leaves at 45 past the hour every hour from 845am till 745 pm. Arrives at main bus terminal in Playa at about 45 past the hour just in time to walk the block to the ferry boat terminal and catch the boat to Coz. Coz ferry is about $9 each way and runs every hour except 2pm. Ferry is a 35-40 minute trip. You can get porters at the airport and the bus terminal to carry extra luggage for a couple of bucks.

nwdiver2:
Let’s make a sticky topic for Cancun Airport to Coz. This gets answered every week and some of the best info is buried; who want’s to write it out repeatedly? It’s buried because sometimes it is an answer to a question that’s title is another topic. I just tried to search this forum with the word Bus and got no hits. :11:

So the options are Van, Taxi or Bus from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen then the ferry to Cozumel.

I usually arrive mid morning and use a van service buying the 2 way ticket. The ride to the drop off in Playa is about 45min, the drop off point I use is 2-3 blocks from the ferry. The ferries schedule at mid day is about 1 per hour and takes 30-40 minutes. I always stop in the square for a beer to start my stay then Taxi to my accommodation.

Anyone with the schedules and prices please post them and they can be updated as required. Info on flights could also be included. I have used small planes over to Coz, but found I waited around for takeoff and could be in Playa while I was waiting.

Good Plan !!

Ron

I have heard of two bus companies running between Cancun and PDC: ADO and Riviera (If I'm not mistaken.) Any preference between them? Are they at the same locations?

I know there are two ferries. They run at the same time, from the same piers, for tha same fare.

Ado and Riviera are one in the same now. I think Ado bought Riviera. All the Riviera People at the air port and the drivers had the red ado shirts on in March. The bus still said Riviera but painting a bus could cost a few peso's. The main ticket counter for the bus is inside Terminal 2 all the way on the east side of the building, beyond the domestic arrival area. If you arrive at the newer terminal which is terminal 1 most charters go there, take the free shuttle (15 passenger van-white) to terminal 1. As you look at terminal1 from outside east end is to the left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom