Training Agencies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
What do you think will happen when we hit the second generaltion of diving agencies.

Most of the training agencies are a single person business
what happens when Tom Mount retires or dies, what about TDI, GUE, or others that rely on a single person to lead the company or develop theories.

will they dry up, will it become a corperate organization with some sort of board of directors, i do not think that would work for IANTD, TDI or GUE.

the ony survivor i see is PADI...how scary is that.
Yes other trianing agencies will surface, I know of two that are in the development stage. but what does that say about the agency we are following

for instance I think Brett Gilliam is the driving force in TDI and Tom Mount for IANTD [my agencies] like wise George Irvine is for GUE. yes the corperation and agency will live on but it will be without a captain.

I think you will see other agencies popping up to take there place with new figureheads and methods. but what does that say of the way we thinkn now

what do you guys think

Back
Top Bottom