Tore My Rix SA-6B Apart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for jumping in, trying to get a hold of Iain/hsm .. can not send PM to him directly as of yet, I am newly here.
Any suggestions ?

Sure: in the spirit of what @rob.mwpropane was alluding to, you could say something about the use of a nitrox stick with a reciprocating compressor…. (ETA: *oil-lubricated* reciprocating compressor. Of course a Rix is a reciprocating compressor too…. If you’re going to poke fun at somebody about being pedantic, you better also be correct when you do it. :) ) Or just find a previous thread and repeat some slightly incorrect shortcut for maintaining a Rix…. Those type of posts seem to get him to reply instantaneously and voluminously…

They say the best way to get the attention of an expert is not to ask a question but to say something incorrect. It’s not unique to compressors — or scuba diving. :)

this isn’t really meant to poke fun at @iain/hsm — or, it is, but very gently. I know people can feel the same way about me in my field of expertise. Maybe the difference is that I actually like the sound of my own voice and therefore have no problem spouting endlessly with far more minutia than any human should ever care about…

Sure: in the spirit of what @rob.mwpropane was alluding to, you could say something about the use of a nitrox stick with a reciprocating compressor…. Or just find a previous thread and repeat some slightly incorrect shortcut for maintaining a Rix…. Those type of posts seem to get him to reply instantaneously and voluminously…

They say the best way to get the attention of an expert is not to ask a question but to say something incorrect. It’s not unique to compressors — or scuba diving. :)
:rofl3:
This is so true... he'll jump in to correct someone over just answering a question 8 days a week!

Sure: in the spirit of what @rob.mwpropane was alluding to, you could say something about the use of a nitrox stick with a reciprocating compressor…. (ETA: *oil-lubricated* reciprocating compressor. Of course a Rix is a reciprocating compressor too…. If you’re going to poke fun at somebody about being pedantic, you better also be correct when you do it. :) ) Or just find a previous thread and repeat some slightly incorrect shortcut for maintaining a Rix…. Those type of posts seem to get him to reply instantaneously and voluminously…

this isn’t really meant to poke fun at @iain/hsm — or, it is, but very gently. I know people can feel the same way about me in my field of expertise. Maybe the difference is that I actually like the sound of my own voice and therefore have no problem spouting endlessly with far more minutia than any human should ever care about…
Thank you guys for jumping in :), really appreciated... I just want to buy something from him, so should be of interest for gentleman we are referring to :)

Thank you guys for jumping in :), really appreciated... I just want to buy something from him, so should be of interest for gentleman we are referring to :)
Reach out to HSM direct?

do you have link or contact?.. please
would this be the way to go?

H S M Engineering Technology
Unit 3 Beaumont Court, Belton Park Industrial Estate
Loughborough
LE11 5DA

would this be the way to go?

H S M Engineering Technology
Unit 3 Beaumont Court, Belton Park Industrial Estate
Loughborough
LE11 5DA
OK, I managed to get a hold of him...btw, gents, he is an awesome guy.... lot to learn from him. That was my initial impression

Thank you Rob. I managed to speak with him. Much obliged
What place worked? Mine or yours?

Was he willing to sell parts still? Would be nice to have a backup plan if shtf over here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom