Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil green gloves_DSC6263.jpg

This was my last housing. It contains an older on-land camera (Nikon D3x) with a viewfinder. My current housing is slightly larger with a Nikon D850 and viewfinder.

That's a huge thing to carry around. why such long poles between your hands and the lights?

Max bottom time is er... rude!

So what is going to happen when you look at your computer, pressure gauge or buddy or don't you bother with such frivolous things.

That's a huge thing to carry around. why such long poles between your hands and the lights?
I was shooting wide angle. My strobes have to be behind the arms and spread out to avoid backscatter.

This is just silly. The OP asked a straightforward question. If someone can give him a straightforward answer he might go away.

Agreed, OP is definitely a troll, but what he's asking for is absolutely possible.

I use a mask called an OctoMask to mount my GoPro and some people use the Paralenz with a mask mount (both images below). As far as the lighting, it can absolutely be head (helmet) mounted, some people in caves do just that. See the video below (start 3:30minutes in).

Is this an ideal camera rig? Obviously not, but for VLOG type purposes, it's fine. Even these tools require a bit of diving proficiency and forethought, but it's possible.

1668976158134.png

1668976232235.png

Originally it was an attempt to not have his friends subjected to choppy videos. Now that we have determined he probably doesn't have any it really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom