Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy insists on the wrist/forearm mount or a "chest/harness mount" with his gopro. His footage is completely garbage. I've even gifted him a tray, but some are just.....

This is how I mount my GoPro.

03D60D08-0C93-4B44-A593-A527EB035759.jpeg

These are my recent shots. They are not easy shots because of the surging water as the marine iguanas like to feed in shallow water near the rocky beach of Cabo Douglas, San Fernandina Islad, Galapagos, Ecuador. Just look at the back & forth movements of the algae. Imagine if you try to stabilize yourself with bare feet in 15C freezing water. LOL.

How about putting this dual mount bracket on your GoPro mounted mask?

Aluminum Dual Twin Mount Adapter with Two Screw for GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/(2018)/6/5 Black, 4 Session, Campark, AKASO, SJCAM, DJI Osmo Action Cameras - Suitable for Camera Housing Handheld monopod https://a.co/d/bm4hN0c

A08E0161-9906-4267-98F3-D66C7AB4C86E.jpeg

You still hold it with both hands and you don’t need to look at view finder any more. That’s an old technology. I take advantage of the display right at the back of my GoPro. Get yourself a new GoPro with display on both sides (front & back) in case you need to do selfie.

You missed my point. I referred to a viewfinder to ask if you ever found your camera shook when you took a shot with it against your head.

Selfies are for vain facebook users.

You might want to consider something like this for secure attachment:
Based on your posts I don't believe that drilling a few holes in your skull would have much of a negative impact.

That wouldn't be any more secure than attached to my mask.

Talk is cheap. Show us your video taken with your steady head, steadier than holding the camera with both hands. So far nothing, but BS.

I'm not going to bow to your stupid request. It's blindingly obvious your head moves less than your hand.

Do teach us how to mount a GoPro and a torch on your mask. You obviously know as nothing the experienced divers on here has made a jot of difference to your opinions.

Excellent trolling skills though.

I've already showed you, in post 9. I had to find those myself, since nobody in here was bright enough to do so.

No such thing as a troll. As I've explained before, it's just someone you can't handle the opinion of. It's quite funny actually when people call me a troll because they don't like or understand what I say. My IQ is 145, I'm cleverer than almost every person I meet, I scoff at all of you.

My buddy insists on the wrist/forearm mount or a "chest/harness mount" with his gopro. His footage is completely garbage. I've even gifted him a tray, but some are just.....

They've invented something called image stabilization. I'm surprised the vastly overpriced gopros don't have it. Better buy him a Sony or something.

This is how I mount my GoPro.

View attachment 754161

These are my recent shots. They are not easy shots because of the surging water as the marine iguanas like to feed in shallow water near the rocky beach of Cabo Douglas, San Fernandina Islad, Galapagos, Ecuador. Just look at the back & forth movements of the algae. Imagine if you try to stabilize yourself with bare feet in 15C freezing water. LOL.

ROTFPMSL! You call 15C freezing?! That's almost room temperature! In fact the local indoor swimming pool here is only 20C, just 5 more than your "freezing" water. You just made my day, I can't stop laughing. Why don't you buy one of those wimpsuit things?

How about putting this dual mount bracket on your GoPro mounted mask?

Aluminum Dual Twin Mount Adapter with Two Screw for GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/(2018)/6/5 Black, 4 Session, Campark, AKASO, SJCAM, DJI Osmo Action Cameras - Suitable for Camera Housing Handheld monopod https://a.co/d/bm4hN0c

View attachment 754162

That's the one I bought, and posted about back in post 9.

Are you and Alaskan Scuba Dude related?
No, never heard of him, but he sounds a sensible chap.

Can't find him on google either. I typed Alaskan Scuba Dude scubaboard, you'd think that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom