Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the strobes being away from the camera, but why are your arms involved?
He's just stabilizing the hanging camera by holding on to the folded arms, not shooting with it. The First Rule of Holes says "When you find yourself in one, stop digging." Maybe something for you to think about.

I'm not going to bow to your stupid request. It's blindingly obvious your head moves less than your hand.
I just had to jump in this sh!t show. Dude, I don't what kind of diving you do and I certainly would not dive with you under any circumstances. I can do a full cave dive and if I am not leading, never move my right hand. The only reason I would need to move my left hand, is for light signals, checking out the cave, vent air from BC or check my gas. Now for moving my head, its all over the place looking at the cave, checking by team member lights and such.

Originally it was an attempt to not have his friends subjected to choppy videos. Now that we have determined he probably doesn't have any it really doesn't matter.
Any friends or any videos? Get out of school/facebook/whatever makes you a childish twatt, then come back and talk to the adults. This forum is full of people with 2 digit IQs.
I completely agree.
Why did you even bother making a post to say the same thing as the other guy? Are you hoping for likes? They don't actually earn you money you know.

He's just stabilizing the hanging camera by holding on to the folded arms, not shooting with it. The First Rule of Holes says "When you find yourself in one, stop digging." Maybe something for you to think about.
You haven't answered the question. What is the need for the cameras and lights to be so far away from his hands?
I just had to jump in this sh!t show. Dude, I don't what kind of diving you do and I certainly would not dive with you under any circumstances.

I don't care, I normally dive alone. Oh! Shock horror! I don't need a little buddy to look after me!

I can do a full cave dive and if I am not leading, never move my right hand. The only reason I would need to move my left hand, is for light signals, checking out the cave, vent air from BC or check my gas. Now for moving my head, its all over the place looking at the cave, checking by team member lights and such.
So you're wasting two entire limbs.

I understand the strobes being away from the camera, but why are your arms involved?
If you mean MY arms, I can't leave them at home. My gloves would fall off.
If you mean my strobe arms, they allow me to move my strobes away from the lens, depending on the distance to my subject. Having strobes too close gives you this;
1668985465064.png

Using strobe arms will allow you to get this instead;
3-12-2017 Merry smugmug profile.jpg

You haven't answered the question. What is the need for the cameras and lights to be so far away from his hands?
Did you notice that the camera was hanging from his harness? There has to be enough slack in the tether for him to bring it up to eye level to frame and shoot. He's just resting his hands on the folded arms to keep it from swaying around. The arms will be extended and flatter when in use and his hands will be holding the camera at eye level.

@Naked diver 2 — from your comments it does appear that you’ve done very little if any diving. That matters not.

What does matter is that taking a camera with you diving is a massive distraction and can be very dangerous for novices. At least with a camera and torch strapped to your head your hands are free to grab hold of things.

However, all that weight on your mask is a considerable risk that it’s highly likely the mask will be knocked off your head or dislodged during a dive. The best head mount for heavy kit is on a helmet, not on a mask.

As part of your basic dive training you’ll practice removing and replacing a mask underwater. From what you’ve said during this thread one can only conclude that you’ve not yet started your basic training.

Good luck when you do. Just listen to your instructor as you’ll learn a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom