Togian Islands Vs Bunaken Sulawasi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clernix

Contributor
Reaction score
First off sorry for my spelling and map reading on my first post!

I am thinking about taking the plunge and heading back to Asia after many years. If someone could contrast these two places for me diving and things to do but mostly diving.

Also how long is the ferry ride to the Togian islands? Would doing both islands in 9 days be to much? Is the difference between the two so minimal that it's not worth the effort? Which airlines fly's between Manado and Gorontalo?

Thanks!

Bunaken is a great dive destination but it is a little bit overexploted, my pick is the Togian Islands. Una Una offer some of the best diving in Sulawesi with huge schools of Barracuda and Jackfishes. The scenery is paradisiac: Una Una - Wikitravel

Bunaken is a great dive destination but it is a little bit overexploted, my pick is the Togian Islands. Una Una offer some of the best diving in Sulawesi with huge schools of Barracuda and Jackfishes. The scenery is paradisiac: Una Una - Wikitravel

Superdiver,
You might have actually damaged Una-Una more than you've helped. I find people who join scubaboard then post spam to be annoying, I don't give their message any credibility.
If your a resort owner just fly me out there and then I'll judge for myself, then share my honest opinion here.
I met some people who worked in the Togiean's last year and they said it was hot as hell, ok diving, and their employee's were drunks who didn't know how to show up to work.

I'm not normally cranky but the new well pump that went in last week crapped out...now I'm hot, sticky, and can't have a proper shower.

Back
Top Bottom