Tobermory ON Aug 27-31, 2007 Come One Come All (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_Dives:
I don't have one. And if I can borrow one all the better. Can I also borrow a spool? All I have is a thumb spool, which might get to be a pain. At least I could only get tangled in about 70 feet worth of cord! :D

I don't know why I read that as "can I borrow a second one" LOL! I believe they have line on them so you're all set. I'll try to remember to stop at school tomorrow and grab one.

TG, a puzzle/mystery? COOOOOOL!

diver_paula:
Ber - regarding 'stuff to pack'.

Does the boat have a cabin that will keep dry things dry? Or are actual dry bags needed?

Are there crates on the boat to stow our wet gear during transport? Or should we bring a gear bag to throw under the benches?

Do people want to share a medium to large cooler or handle it individually?

Just a couple thoughts.

It's not a cabin but there is a large covered area (it's a two-story boat) with a shelf that I've had good luck with. It's not a huge shelf though so I do put a couple things in a dry bag to set them on the floor so I can leave room for others :D

You'll need a bag for your gear on the boat. There is a tank rack that "most" AL80's fit in but bigger tanks or tanks with boots can be a little tricky.

We can share a medium cooler if someone wants to bring one along. If I drive the HHR I probably won't have room with 2 divers and a weeks worth of stuff packed in there.
Ber :lilbunny:

trucker girl:
HEADS UP!

A closet dork diver PMed me and will be diving on Sunday. He/she/it will be leaving us an encoded message in the area of the Alice G in the area of the boiler. He/she/it will be covering it with rocks so that anyone who dives there after him/her/it and before we dive there will not snatch up the secret coded message.

I think it might be written in invisible ink, too.

How cool is that?

The code will require us to use a PADI RDP, which, conveniently, I have. :D

That is cool!

Ber Rabbit:
I'll try to remember to stop at school tomorrow and grab one.

Should I drop by your place, when will you be shopping, will we form up a caravan on Monday, how are you on teleportation? :D

Ber Rabbit:
There is a tank rack that "most" AL80's fit in but bigger tanks or tanks with boots can be a little tricky.

Ah fudge.

Ber Rabbit:
We can share a medium cooler if someone wants to bring one along. If I drive the HHR I probably won't have room with 2 divers and a weeks worth of stuff packed in there.

I have a cooler that can sit neatly on my front seat and is tall enough to hold liter bottles upright. I'd like to bring it if we can find a way to pack it into the car. If we end up taking TG's monster machine, it shouldn't be a problem.

trucker girl:
I talked with Ber about the idea of a caravan and she and her hubby might be leaving out Sunday night and heading to the cabin in the woods along their way.

They live in the woods! (Ya' know, there's just got to be a joke here about taking a rabbit out of the woods.) :D

It would be cool to have little socials on the drive up. Ooh, or trade vehicle buddies around!

Hmm, Chinese firedrills are fun. Have you ever done one with the big rig? And what we we do differently to make it a Canadian firedrill? And if we do a Canadian firedrill, shouldn't we also do an American firedrill?

I think if we delve too deeply into that questions (American firedrill vs. Canadian firedrill) we might accidentally really piss someone off...

Right, and let's not forget the Chinese. But on the other hand, to even things up, maybe we should try to tick off the remaining countries! Alright, so who gets the Vatican? :D Why is it getting warm in here?!?!?? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom