Tobermory ON Aug 27-31, 2007 Come One Come All (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have my dive bag- which you saw- which is big but able to be manipulated. Ill have a duffel bag for non-dive stuff. And a back pack for whatever I'll need that I can't go without from Friday to Monday- deodorant and toothpaste for example. Those would be bad things to forgo.

trucker girl:
Are flippen' flags required or can we use regular flags?

You tow the thing and let me know what you call it! :wink:

Steve_Dives:
My hours are 7:30-4:15. I'd have no problem running gear up to your place if you drive, or picking up gear from you if I drive. If I'm driving, we might want to test pack the car so we can make sure the mandatory gear fits and work out which optional things can go. I'd like to take my laptop, for example, so I can collect any digital pictures people take and compile an album, but that's hardly a mandatory item.

If Ken doesn't go on Monday, I'm strongly considering "sharing gas" (the petroleum based kind) and I'll just do the bulk of the sharing- and drive my beast. More room, more options.

Steve_Dives:
Do I detect that you're not feeling safe in something that can't tow 100,000 pounds???
Well... you're much less likely to die if you're in the bigger vehicle. Lets try to avoid testing that theory either way!

Steve_Dives:
I thought I'd pack my dive gear in the blue plastic bin I use when diving quarries. It contains the water, and since the plan to dive & drive on our last day... We can probably fit a couple sets of gear in there if we leave out fins, weights, and other things that don't hold water. In my car, I think the tanks have to go in the trunk, which puts my blue plastic bin on the backseat. I'm trying to remember how big WSU's dive flags are, but I think I previously figured them as back seat.
Either that or we'll buy some Lysol spray and car refresher and we'll drive with the windows open!

I now have my dive reservations made! Just need to figure out where I'll be staying.

Adam G and Brian are still trying to work it out but believe they'll be able to go, too. At this point I'll be driving up alone but may drive back with Adam as Brian needs to be back earlier than everyone else. Or I may stay through the weekend and dive with my local club. This is SOOOO confusing.

I have a flag I can bring. & will have room for extra stuff if called for. I will bring all the books I have on Tobe wrecks as well as ship parts and construction.

If you are leaving at 0500 what time does that put you near Detroit? I'm near I696 and I-75 so I could meet the caravan.

Paula - a non-practicing engineer

I ain't got no (hmm, double negative, I wonder what I'm really saying) problem taking your beast. Just let me know it's zip code so I can forward my mail there during the trip! :rofl3: We would be less ecofriendly. And I'd be willing to take on more of the gas burden since you'll have the other running costs to contend with.

diver_paula:

Whoa, we're supposed to practice?!?!??? :D

Steve_Dives:
I plan to run a couple errands tonight. While you're kinda out of the way, I can swing over, especially since you're running out of your way to get the flippen' flags in the first place.

I think TG & I need to work out who drives and all.

Sounds good, I'll try not to dawdle.
Ber :lilbunny:

diver_paula:
I now have my dive reservations made! Just need to figure out where I'll be staying.

Adam G and Brian are still trying to work it out but believe they'll be able to go, too. At this point I'll be driving up alone but may drive back with Adam as Brian needs to be back earlier than everyone else. Or I may stay through the weekend and dive with my local club. This is SOOOO confusing.

I have a flag I can bring. & will have room for extra stuff if called for. I will bring all the books I have on Tobe wrecks as well as ship parts and construction.

If you are leaving at 0500 what time does that put you near Detroit? I'm near I696 and I-75 so I could meet the caravan.

Kewl! Tell Adam and Brian to suck it up and come on...they're young enough to drop everything and leave :D

We're coming from Dayton so we would probably hit Detroit between 8 and 9 depending on traffic. Hoping for 0800 :D
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom