Tobermory ON Aug 27-31, 2007 Come One Come All (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_Dives:
Aww, Trucker Girl, you gave me a pet name! :eyebrow:
:rofl3:

You're BLUE! Who changed your title? How much did it cost- and will they give me an estimate on changing mine to "Hot Momma"?

NO- seriously I'm kidding. I shouldn't even post this for fear of the repercussions. SB staff will force me to go red just to take my title back if that happens- and DON'T USE THAT AS INCENTIVE!

I'm really tempting fate. I should have quit posting an hour ago. I'm doomed.

I'm actually red, but I don't like the appearance of the red name. Too flashy. And in China a name in red means you're bringing death, and that doesn't seem good.

Oh. So. It's like "shut up TG!" Gotcha! :wink:

I forgot that not red reds could do that.

I'm totally blue.

Did I mention that I'm a cheapskate?

I'm "Cupcake, Queen of Dorks" by default. I had a say, but it got twisted around without my approval, foreknowledge or understanding!

Oh yes. Not red reds have amazing powers. For example, I have the power of doing laundry at almost midnight! :D But now I'm just showing off...

I feel like I'm winding down a bit. May have to hold the fort down one your own in an hour, or whenever the dryer finishes. Hmm, dryer. In weather like this I'm trying to make something dry...I could still be here awhile.

Your dryer isn't outside, is it? I haven't seen people trying to dry clothes on a line for a while (my litmus test for "is it acceptable" is "are people in my town doing it in public." not "has it been posted recently in the DIR forum." Shhh- don't tell anybody!

The dryer is electric, but it has to get air from somewhere, and it seems humid everywhere. Now my step-mom would have be line drying, and probably my step sister. I might shock the neighbors if I put laundry out to dry. I don't recall seeing any lines anywhere, but I'm never here to know.

This group sounds really friendly and I'm sure you all will have a great time up in Toby. I was there myself again early in August and I love it up there with the clear water. There is one thing that your group could do that might help all divers who visit the park.

After your group has experienced first-hand the problems and risks in navigating over the rocks at the lighthouse and anchor dive sites, you might consider going to the Fathom Five park office and submitting written suggestions for park staff to construct a few concrete steps and wooden decks with benches or picnic tables so divers can more easily gear up and not risk serious personal injury getting into and out of the water with their heavy scuba gear.

I have done this myself more than once and they have promised a written response each time, but I have never got one. They require divers, but not swimmers or snorkellers, to register and pay a park fee in order to dive, but since they started to charge fees about 1994, they have not put any money into improving the facilities - I think the funds are just used to pay for park staff to police the registration system and charge unregistered divers with tresspassing.

So I'm hoping that if more divers complain about the facilities for these dive sites, the park staff will eventually put some of the funds from registration fees to good use and make some improvements.

I wish you all have good fun and safe diving!

empressdiver:
This group sounds really friendly and I'm sure you all will have a great time up in Toby.
Well, we've got this guy fooled!

empressdiver:
So I'm hoping that if more divers complain about the facilities for these dive sites, the park staff will eventually put some of the funds from registration fees to good use and make some improvements.

Good suggestion, e.d.- sometimes it takes a lot of voices to make a point.

Hey, Ber, you're not trying to get me to break my neck, are you? I'm not exactly coordinated.

trucker girl:
Hey, Ber, you're not trying to get me to break my neck, are you? I'm not exactly coordinated.

Erm, no? :D
That would be why we always walk the entry before we gear up, have to pick the best route :eyebrow: There will be some "interesting" entries/exits but we'll help keep you upright!

Good suggestion e.d., even a heavy duty ladder that could be put in at the start of diving season and taken out for winter would be nice. A local quarry has installed something like that and it's really nice.

Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom