Tobermory ON Aug 27-31, 2007 Come One Come All (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDNScubaMoose:
I'm pretty sure that the spot he is standing is our usually entry point.
The lighthouse is just out of the picture to his right, last year we saw divers suiting up and entering at a point that's as far around the lighthouse as you can get from this one.

CDNScubaMoose:
But we normally lower our gear down the "steps" and gear up by sitting on the last step.

BAH! Where's your sense of adventure :rofl3:

That's what the water looked like at the anchor in 2006 when we opted not to dive. I was tempted though, figured I could surf in on my back and let the waves stand me up on the rocks :D
Ber :lilbunny:

The lighthouse is just out of the picture to his right, last year we saw divers suiting up and entering at a point that's as far around the lighthouse as you can get from this one.

That is definitely the spot we normally get in - depth off the ledge drops to 20' to the rocks and then about 35 more to the mud. On the other side of the lighthouse the water tends to be deeper so we rarely enter there (unless we feel like making the OW students do scuba hikes :D - in which case we will get them suited up on the far side of the point then "change" our minds and tell them to go for a walk). This side of the lighthouse tends to be a little more protected from the waves coming in on the lake

I have never dove the gap to try to find the anchor so I have no idea how hard it would be to find. Usually if I'm trying to find an anchor I first find a shipwreck then swim to the pointy end - the anchors are usually somewhere nearby:D

Ber Rabbit:
We tried to get a local to help us find the anchor but he said he'd already been imbibing or he would. He did give us some good directions that I managed to screw up royally causing us to miss the target...this year we should find the elusive thing :D
Two comments:
1) I think I'll like the locals. :D
2) Anchor or bust! :D

Can we go yet?

trucker girl:
Patience, my little kumquat.
Aww, Trucker Girl, you gave me a pet name! :eyebrow:
:rofl3:

trucker girl:
I'll be impressed if either one of you, or any of you, can work a slide rule. No cheating.

In chemistry (see, actually, I'm a chemist) I had PLENTY of practice with a slide rule. Course, Bruce and I are the only ones that remember the days before calculators . . .
Ken

trucker girl:
Looks like we might be in for some t-storms on Tuesay, too... grrrrrr.

Anybody heard from Ken?

I'm here now! Just been busy working and going to rescue class.

Ken

Leaving for Toby tomorrow morning - I should be back late on Sunday. I'll post the conditions as soon as I get back.

CDNScubaMoose:
Leaving for Toby tomorrow morning - I should be back late on Sunday. I'll post the conditions as soon as I get back.

Does that mean you can put a good word in for us?

I want "warm sandy beaches, and cocktails with little straw hats. "

Come on, guys. Someone has to know what that's from!

Back
Top Bottom