To the OW divers I "met" at Jackson Blue last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shocked2:

:worship:

OMG - that looks insane.

For some it is insane ... for others, it scratches an itch to "go where no one has gone before".

Sadly, both the young woman in the video and the guy who shot it passed away in scuba accidents within the past year ... and those were some of cave diving's best.

Kind've puts this whole conversation in perspective when you think about it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For some it is insane ... for others, it scratches an itch to "go where no one has gone before".

Sadly, both the young woman in the video and the guy who shot it passed away in scuba accidents within the past year ... and those were some of cave diving's best.

Kind've puts this whole conversation in perspective when you think about it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh my goodness how sad :(

I wish the idiots mentioned in the OP would come on here and read these comments, and watch these videos. Maybe they'd learn something :idk:

I know I'm learning a lot on SB. Y'all are awesome :)

I will add a comment to any AOW divers reading this thread:

I am cave certified and have done a fair amount of time in the Mexican caves.

I have not been to North Florida yet but when I do I will dive with an instructor who will show me the particularities of those caves.

I will consider myself a newbie there and won't go with a regular buddy until I get the go ahead from my instructor.

I have friends in Florida who dive in flow. I have friends in SoCal who dive in surf.

Me, I've decided that anybody who dives in water that MOVES is crazy . . .

Crazy if you consider yourself passionate about scuba diving. Have not had pleasure or chance yet go to Avalon in Catalina to scuba yet, and have only been on one dive boat for intro to scuba at a resort. Beach diving in the surf is only option if I want to get under water, although haven't had to deal with really big surf.

Anyways, recently remembered saying, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.". After reading Tstormdiver's post I'm sure he'll agree. We can only hope the three divers learned their lesson. At least they'll live another day to exercise their newfound wisdom.

As for me, I'm staying with SB to get some 'experience.'

I have friends in Florida who dive in flow. I have friends in SoCal who dive in surf.

... that would make you and me both certifiably nutz, Lynne ... are you diving this week-end ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Right, cause Puget Sound doesn't have ridiculous tidal surge:confused:

Yeah, but we don't get IN it when it's moving -- in fact, we spend a lot of time planning so that doesn't happen!

Yeah, but we don't get IN it when it's moving -- in fact, we spend a lot of time planning so that doesn't happen!

So you have no interest in 4-6 knot drift dives in 2 meter viz?

Some people have no sense of adventure:eyebrow:

Being a Divemaster means NOTHING when it comes to caves.

This statement is so true. The only thing that prepairs you for cave is "Cave" training. I will be finishing up my full cave here real soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom