• Yes, I do pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 548 72.3%
  • No, I dont pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 190 25.1%
  • No comment

Votes: 20 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The options are wrong. They should be:

- Yes, I do.
- No, and oh by the way I'm a dirty liar
- No comment (yes, I do)

Again, just because some of you like swimming around in your piss, doesn't mean everyone enjoys this...

Rainer:
Again, just because some of you like swimming around in your piss, doesn't mean everyone enjoys this...

Piss is not a nice word. Pee is much nicer. Then again, pee isn't very nice.

I'm going to get confused which thread I'm in and start talking about the entrance to Blue Springs quarry I don't remember peeing at if I'm not careful...

I don't really enjoy swimming around in it but I sure do like talking about it :)

Ha ha, scubadobadoo, that IS alot of water!

Like Merxlin, I resolved to try not to pee in the new suit. At first it was really hard - as soon as I got in the water, boy did I ever want to! That phenomenon the DAN article talks about (forgot the name) really is powerful. After a few dive days though (I dive about every other weekend on daytrips), the urge totally went away. Now it barely occurs to me. I sense a full bladder, but my body doesn't feel that peeing in the wetsuit is really an option. As soon as I get back up the ladder though (our boats have heads), I gotta go and now! :)

I say, if you want to pee, pee. If you don't want to, don't. To each his own.

In my wetsuit I have no problems taking the opportunity to pee, I have to go about once an hour to hour and a half. Spend that time under water and I'm going to go. I'd never do it in a rental wetsuit but in mine I will.

In my drysuit I do not go, but I do make a point to go right before I put the undergarments on.

The thought process is a bit different, I don't care in the wetsuit and I do with the drysuit which is why I have no issues with it.

If you think your pee is horrid stuff you ought to quit diving because there's far worse stuff than that in the water you dive in, swallow some of, and get in your eyes. Your pee is probably the cleanest thing in the water around you.

Reading this thread makes me want to pee, um wait, ahh! Just made me pee, and I am not diving!! Whoops. :D

Seriously though. You gotta! It is what makes the whole diving experience what it is. When else can a grown man piss himself and get away with it? If you pee a lot then the sea life will find you so you can enjoy them. You don't have to hunt them down. They say a shark can smell a drop of blood a mile away. Imagine a few cups of urine. I bet that would attract for miles easily!!:sharkattack:

Hey, lets not forget about farting on safety stops! It's all about off gassing! Well, in the case of Yellow River, just remember the author I.P. Freely, "Let go, and be relieved of your toxicity"

Ask KeyLargoBrent about the guy who kept shooing off the Baby Ruth's from his wet suit prior to boarding :D

I've been fighting the urge when it hits.. my thinking is that a wetsuit is designed to keep a layer of water next to you body that your body heat has warmed... .Okay.. if that is the case.. how would the pee get out?? seems like it would be like diving in the local sewage pond.....ewwww!!

Back
Top Bottom