• Yes, I do pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 548 72.3%
  • No, I dont pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 190 25.1%
  • No comment

Votes: 20 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regul8r:
I've been fighting the urge when it hits.. my thinking is that a wetsuit is designed to keep a layer of water next to you body that your body heat has warmed... .Okay.. if that is the case.. how would the pee get out?? seems like it would be like diving in the local sewage pond.....ewwww!!

Wetsuit flush water continually during a dive. Some wetsuits (like mine) have seals to reduce this. Very simple solution here.

1- Pee
2- Grab the neck of you wetsuit and pull it out.
3- release
4- repeat a few times.

You'll feel the cold new water washing down through the suit.

Final note: Urine is sterile. If you're properly hydrated, it doesn't smell either.

FD

When is somebody going to structure a poll decently that can be answered and mean something? :wink:

I pee a lot in my shorty 2/3mm, mainly because even though I use it only for warm water diving I still get cold by the end of the dive. It's also very easy to flush.

I peed once only in my full coverage 5mm and it's been used on well over 100 dives.

I never peed in my 7mm semi dry for the simple reason that it stays dry and keeps me warm - so I never felt the urge.

So the answer depends on which wetsuit I'm using.

scubadobadoo:
I pee an average of 3-4 times a dive. I drink a lot of water.
TMI Jason.Now I'll never be able to dive with you.:rofl3: :rofl3:

I pee in my wetsuit. I rinse my suit every time. It does not smell. What this thread reminds me of, though, is the story a buddy of mine told me about standing around after the dive, talking to a guy in a drysuit, who opened his pee valve and let some out right there while they were talking. Now, that's just wrong.

I can honestly say I've yet to pee in my wetsuit. But I don't have very many dives either.

Okay, I've tried to resist admitting this, but I must. I SWORE to myself that I would never pee in my wetsuit. And believe me, I tried to hold it. But as the dive went on, and the vis cleared up alot keeping my interest in continuing the dive, and the pain set in, I thought of all you people on the board insisting that it's okay, so, I let er rip.

Now, the second part of my confession. I really don't think I'll do it again unless I am in alot of pain, and the dive isn't near over. The thought for the rest of the dive was, "is it really flushing, or is it just flowing throughout the suit??" Kinda grossed me out. Then after I got home, I couldn't rinse my suit enough. So there, it's out there.

It did occur to me at the time, that I was glad my buddy was leading!:11:

oh man, it also just occurred to me, that I wonder if he pees in his suit while he's leading!!:yuck:

Kunk35:
oh man, it also just occurred to me, that I wonder if he pees in his suit while he's leading!!:yuck:

When he has that euphoric on his face and you know you havn't been in the water long enough for him to be narc'd...

fire_diver:
Final note: Urine is sterile. If you're properly hydrated, it doesn't smell either.

FD

For the love of all that is holy, will people please stop using this "urine is sterile" as an excuse for peeing on themselves. While it's true that urine is sterile, just think for a moment what you'd do if a stranger walked up to you, whipped it out, and took a long whiz all over you. How many of you would shrug it off with "no biggie, it's sterile!" If you want to pee yourselves, go for it! Just don't think for a moment it's necessary or desirable. And especially don't assume everyone does it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom