To Pee Or Not to Pee (in your wetsuit)? That is the question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's a wetsuit?

On the few occasions I wear a wetsuit, of course I heat it.

But most of the year I dive dry...and I'm not peeing in that. Saving up for a p-valve. :)

3 mins. in cold water and my bladder is in misery. Nature takes over. A big help in eliminating the pee is invert, pull the neck out on the wetsuit and vent your exhaust up through the suit.

So THAT is what you were doing!!!
And I thought that you were having some weird kind of buoyancy problems.
:rofl3:

Pee! I didn't know there was another choice?

Used wetsuit for sale, dove 60 times never rinsed, anyone interested? :D

Most interesting pee story (not that I collect them) concerned a female cave dive instructor - she dove dry but used adult diapers for the inevedable what was going to happen. Makes sense, sure, but Adult Diapers??

How do you know if a dry suit diver dives with adult diapers?

Depends

How do you know if a dry suit diver dives with adult diapers?
Depends

Well, it all depends (pun intended). Probably the biggest give away was when she asked, "Do these diapers make my .... look fat?"
:D

I remember a guy on one dive who seemed to take great pride in releasing off the back of the boat.
Two females on board and he did'nt give a toss.. untill a sudden gust caught him out that is and he quite literally got a taste of his own, much to the delight of the ladies on board.

I always make sure i'm in the water first:D

Is that really a question? Haha. Thought it was a given.. There are 2 types of divers in the world...those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie about it! And those very select few who just can't seem to..or don't admit it. I pee more times in the average dive than normally in the average day!! And proud to say it. My DM and always say when we dive the springs...if you want to stay warm, swim near me- we try to keep it close to 98.6 degrees by us!

Devon

There are 2 types of divers in the world...those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie about it! Devon

It is fun to hear stories from Open Water divers who do it for the first time. It reminds me of when my kids peed in there pants when we were potty training them. Many times a Open Water student would to me and say I just peed in my wet suit. I guess expecting to be chastised or something. Those who don't pee in Open Water have not logged enough bottom time...it will happen eventually.

Peeing crosses cultural boundries as I had an Okinawan female doing discover scuba but we were at a remote dive location and she was to shy to pee in her wet suit. So she sat in the water through the one hour surface interval trying to pee. But she was finally successful right before we got in for our second dive, thanks to her full blader.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom