Tioman/Perhentian questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dived the wrecked fishing boats about 10 years ago at Pulau Payer and would not really rate it as a great wreck dive, viz was awful and it was impossible to see anything more than a few meters.

There are a couple of wrecks around Redang, but if you are looking for some major sized lumps of steel, Palawan in Philippines might be a better option.

Just a couple of things to add to previous posts.

Perhentian and Tioman do NOT have the same monsoon season. The Perhentian season kicks off at least 2 months later than Tioman.
I worked on Tioman all last season and have worked Perhentian in 2008. Tioman's dive sites far outclass those on the Perhentians. Chebeh island, Labas & Tiger reef being my faves. The Viz is also amazing in the early and late parts of the season 30+ metres. The Viz goes to pot between May and September on Tioman; shame I wasn't told this.
I'm sorry to say though you have absolutely zero chance of diving the Repulse with B&J; I actually used to work for them. You need several divers all going to wreck at one time as it is about 50 nautical miles away from Tioman. It's also a Trimix dive as the wreck bottoms out at 70+ metres.
As to which company to dive with? Up to you.

Back
Top Bottom