tiger sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday, the yellow motor cat was anchored off E beach (next to the pipe) and dumped a bunch of fish heads, guts and other assorted parts overboard. We swam over the "shark buffet" and I thought "now's the time to see that big tiger".....nope, just a croc needlefish, and a big tuna lookin fish that darted right by my face....too fast for camera...bummer!

I got chased out of the water while surfing by a Tiger Shark off Playalinda Beach, FL several years ago. It was spooky!

We did a live a board trip with Jim Abernethy out of West Palm Beach, Fl, for his Shark and Dolphin trip, last summer. his site www.scuba-adventures.com has details and pics. His trips are booked up well in advance. Tons of excitement. We were at "Tiger Beach" in the Bahamas (his private spot)--15-20' of water and at one time there were 5 tigers and 14 lemons in the water. . . We were down there at least 1.5 hours. . . . Would do that trip again in a heartbeat. Never felt unsafe at any time, tho we followed safety precautions and all (once the tigers show up, ignore the lemons... which we thought would be hard to do, but it wasn't). In the right environment, Tigers are very curious, and still can't believe I did all that! Tho, I never really like to go night diving in Maui!!! Go figure! :D Maggi

Back
Top Bottom