Tiger Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just told a client there is really no way to book a dive that has a decent chance of seeing Tiger Sharks in Hawaii. But now I'm second guessing myself. I have done the shore dive out of Honokohau harbor where I was told you might see the Tiger that goes in and out of the harbor to eat fisherman scraps (didn't see it). I've personally only seen a juvenile tiger one time at Baby Barge years ago, and I've easily a few thousand dives in Hawaii. My staff occasional (yearly) reports sightings at Koko Craters (our 38ft training and snorkeling site) in Maunalua Bay. I'm sure there are other places where sightings may be common if not frequent. But I'm I correct is saying there is nothing reliable? I'm really just a tourist when I'm off Oahu.

I saw a tiger at Honokohau….but from the surface as I was analysing EANx. From dorsal to tail tho it looked quite large. Very large.

I’m also told by the DM that as I had my head in some hole looking for something she (Lucy?) swam right over my head. Because of course

Back
Top Bottom