start of the Tiger shark season @ Tiger Beach -- Grand Bahama, The Bahamas (4K)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You gotta be careful or you'll end up like me, i just booked my 3rd trip on the DD, which will be my 4th to Tiger Beach.

so jaylus.

Don't be jellyous, just GO!
Too late. They're booked solid for this year.
But I'm trying Roatan for the first time in a few weeks so I can't really complain.
But I do love those tigers.

May be a curious nibble.

Yes, you got to keep eyes on Tiger Sharks otherwise....
As yuo can see in the video the diver with the close call is only paying attention to the action on the baitbox. I've seen plenty of that and had to warn more than a few people a Tiger is sneaking up behind them. I always end up with a rash on my neck from my wetsuit rubbing on it from turning my head round keeping an eye on all the sharks which can keep you pretty busy when their is seven of 'em swimming round.

Reactions: Dan
As yuo can see in the video the diver with the close call is only paying attention to the action on the baitbox. I've seen plenty of that and had to warn more than a few people a Tiger is sneaking up behind them. I always end up with a rash on my neck from my wetsuit rubbing on it from turning my head round keeping an eye on all the sharks which can keep you pretty busy when their is seven of 'em swimming round.

Yes, those Tiger Sharks like to sneak in behind you. I experienced it once in Cocos. As I swam along the wall of Submerged Rock dive site, I felt a bit uneasy and happened to look to my right, there it was a Tiger Shark on my right shoulder. It swam away as soon as I pointed my camera to it, as shown below.

We had our back against Manuelita Outside wall, when a big mama Tiger Shark came out of no where.

Back
Top Bottom